Thursday, January 18, 2018

Baby, It's Cold Outside!


Hi Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Liz Williams our challenge hostess for the month, continues to issue the challenges. 

“Baby, it’s cold outside!!” Use an image showing a winter garment.

It has been sometime since I have created a block card and when I used to make them I had a lot of measuring and cutting to do. Fortunately I recently discovered a die from Spellbinders which creates this style of card, so my daughter got it for me for Christmas.

To decorate my card I decided to use this cute bear which even has a couple of winter sweaters which is from a freebie stamp set from a magazine I got sometime before Christmas. The magazine is Creative Stamping Issue 50, the stamp set is designed by Hunkydory and comes with a number of different critters and winter clothing, sentiments etc. As one of the sentiments in the stamp set was the theme of this challenge ... of course I had to use it.


Here is a look at the back of my block card. I added a birthday sentiment, also included in the stamp set, the present and some snowflake buttons. I have also added snowflake buttons to the top of the card.


Here is another view of my card taken at an angle, so you can see how the card looks.


And of course it folds flat so you can pop it in an envelope to mail to the recipient if needed.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:


Stamps: Winter Warmers - Hunkydory (Magazine Freebie)
Paper: White; Red; Bow Ties Thumb War - Basic Grey
Dies: Baby Step Block Card - Spellbinders
Other: Black Ink; Snowflake Buttons; Black Glaze Pen; Foam Tape; Copics


7 comments:

Lana said...

Love it! I have to figure out how to make these!

Lynn McAuley said...

What a fabulous winter birthday design!! I love this adorable polar bear in his polka dot sweater!! Sensational work, Frances!

Vicky Gould said...

Love it! You never fail to impress! Wonderful step card, Frances!

Lois said...

I've made a couple of this type of card -- didn't know there was a die. (I'll have to look for it.) I like the papers you chose to go with your cute polar bear.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Fun guy in his matching hat and coat. Nice dp!

jojot said...

fabulous fancy fold, but gotta say that bear stole my attention....adorable

Karen Aicken said...

Very cool - love that there is a die for those Block Cards now. Dies make everything easier! Adorable card - that bear in a sweater is fabulous.