Thursday, January 11, 2018

Happy Mother's Day


Hi Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Liz Williams our challenge hostess for the month, continues to issue the challenges. 

In honor of “Hot Tea Month,” use a teapot or teacup on your card or use a “tea stain” technique if you like.

As you can see I have created a Mother's Day card for the challenge today. I know Mother's Day is a fair way away still, however while I was at the craft show in November, I picked up a tea themed stamp set from Close to My Heart and one of the cups has the "Happy Mother's Day on the cup. I always need a few Mother's Day cards  in my stash so it was a good excuse to use it.

I have created a "pull card" using the Pop it Ups Circle Spiral Pull Card die set which has now been discontinued. 

I colored the cup to match the teapot and cups in the designer paper. You probably can't see in the photo, but I also added some shimmer to the cup using the Tonic Studios Shimmer Pen.


When you "pull" the card open it reveals a sentiment. I have added another blank circle which can be used to handwrite a personal message.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:




Stamps: Tea-rrific - Close To My Heart
Paper: White; Sage; Green; Enchanted Tea Party Paper Pad - Couture Creations
Dies: Pop it Ups Circle Spiral Pull Card (Retired) - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; Gina K Designs Ocean Mist Ink; Lawn Fawn Minty Fresh Ink;  Neptune Turquoise Nuvo Crystal Drops; Scan N Cut; Foam Tape; Copics


8 comments:

Maryann said...

Fabulous as always Frances, no Mother on earth could resist this beautiful card

Vicky Gould said...

What a beautiful card, Frances....what mother wouldn't want to show it off!!!

Lynn McAuley said...

Love that gorgeous teapot and dogwoods paper!! How perfect for Mother's Day with your beautiful teacup!!

Liz Williams said...

Your design paper is beautiful, and love how you brought out the dogwoods to accent your card. A wonderful card and "spot on" for our tea theme with this perfect pun.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Sweet Mother's Day card. I love the way it closes, Frances. The bg dp is wonderful with the flowers in the cup.

Lois said...

So very pretty -- a lovely Mother's Day card. Your DP is beautiful! Sorry for the late comment. I had very little computer time yesterday.

Karen Aicken said...

This is just lovely. Still love those Pull Cards.

jojot said...

so elegant...love how the dp is so similar to the flowers in the teacup