Tuesday, February 6, 2018

February 2018 Karen Burniston Designer Challenge


Hi Crafty Friends,

Welcome to our February Karen Burniston Designer Challenge.

Check out Karen Burniston's blog on Wednesday (US Time) when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus Karen will have an amazing video tutorial to share with us all.

Our challenge this month is .... "CASTLE" - use the new Castle Pop-up for a card of any theme. Will it be a fairy princess castle? A sand castle? The Eyrie? You decide! 


As you can see I decided to create a sandcastle using Karen Burniston's new Castle Pop-up Card die set. I kept the sandcastle and the sand base the same tones of the same color.

I added waves to the bottom edge of both sides of my card using the waves in the Tropical Scene die set.


I created mermaids using the Princess and Mermaids die set which I added to the right hand corner of each edge. I added Tonic Studios Shimmer Pen to the mermaids body so it would shimmer.

I added sentiments to the card using Honey Bee Stamps Mermaid Song stamp set. 


Here is an overhead view of my card so you can see the whole of the pop up card at one time.


For the front of the card I added some sand along the bottom edge using the Nature Edges die set.

I added another mermaid to the left hand side of the card.

I added the Happy Birthday sentiment which is another new die from Karen Burniston's new collection released in January.

To finish off the card I added the & Mermaid Kisses which is another sentiment from the Honey Bee die set. I used the fishtail banner from the Word Set 5 - Royalty to die cut this sentiment.


Don't forget to visit Karen Burniston's blog on Wednesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month.


Supplies:

Karen Burniston:


Other:
Stamps: Mermaid Song - Honey Bee Stamps
Paper: White; Yellow; Pink;  Watercolor Wishes Paper Pad - Lawn Fawn
Inks: Black Ink; Gina K Designs Sweet Corn Ink Cube; Lawn Fawn Mermaid Ink Cube
Tonic Studios Shimmer Pen
Foam Tape
Copics




2 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Love that you made a sand castle. Fun beach card!

Vickie Leaf said...

Very beautiful card! I really like how you made the castle an underwater adventure