Friday, April 20, 2018

Celebrate Black Eyed Susan


Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing a card I created using some dies from the Susan's Garden collection available from Elizabeth Craft designs.

I have been wanting to create a card using the Black Eyed Susan die set for a while. For this card I also used the Gathering Basket, Maidenhair Fern and Leafy Berry Branch 1 die sets. For instructions on how to create the Black Eyed Susan flower check out Susan Tierney-Cockburn's Facebook Live Video here. The details for the flower is near the end of the video.


For the berries on the Leafy Berry Branch, I added Nuvo Drops to the berry area, covering the berries on both sides of the branch so when you see the back of the berries when you move the card you see berries on both sides.

For the basket I die cut from White Soft Finish Cardstock and then colored with Copics. I then rubbed on some brown Metallic rub ons over the basket which brought out the texture on the basket.

For the background of my card I die cut a square using the largest square from the Dashing Squares die set. I then used Simon Says Stamp Folk Dance Stencil to emboss texture paste through it. I have been wanting this stencil for some time and I received it for my birthday from a friend :). I mixed a few drops of Antique Linen Distress ink to the paste to give it an off white color.

I added a sentiment from the A Way With Words Happy Birthday Collection Clear Stamp set to the lower right hand corner of the card.


For the inside of the card, I added another flower and a sentiment from the A Way With Words Happy Birthday Collection Clear Stamp set.

Supplies:


Other: 

Cardstock - Black; Brown; Yellow; Green; Dark Brown
Foam Tape



3 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Just beautiful Frances!

MiamiKel said...

Just wow, I am in awe. Your cards are absolute works of art. I am amazed at the detail, the burst of color, the sheer cheerfulness of this card!

jojot said...

this beauty pops right off the screen