Friday, April 6, 2018

Wishing You a Magical Birthday


Hi Crafty Friends,

I finally had a chance to play with the Hero Arts December My Monthly Hero Kit. I have had this idea in my head for a few months now so it is nice to finally be able to get it out of there and into an actual card!


As you can see I have created a pop up card using Karen Burniston's Spinner Square Pop-up Card die set ... this is  such a fun set. When you open and close the card, it appears that the two on the magic carpet are flying in the air.

For the inside of the card I lined both sides using designer paper and then die cut two of the City Skyline Fancy die from Hero Arts using black, burgundy and gold cardstock and piecing these together to create the border. I stamped a sentiment onto each of the burgundy panels on this border.

I added another sentiment to the centre square panel using the Hero Arts Make a Wish Clear Stamp set.




Here is a quick video to show my card in action.


Here you can see how the magic carpet goes up towards the top of the card as the card is closing.


For the front of the card I used the December My Monthly Hero stamp set and the coordinating dies to create the scene through the fancy window and added a few of the images so they look like they are sitting on the floor of a castle.

I added shimmer to the girls dress using the Nuvo Aqua Shimmer pen.

To add more sparkle to the card I added Bronze Rhinestones to the centres of each of the flowers on the designer paper on both the front and inside of the card.

Supplies:



Other:
Stamps - My Month Hero December Kit - Hero Arts
Cardstock - White; Black; Burgundy; Gold
Bronze Rhinestones
Copics



1 comment:

jojot said...

I joined the Hero Arts monthly kit club a couple of months ago...haven't used this particular set.....thx for the inspiration