Sunday, May 20, 2018

Mum ... So Lucky To Have You


Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing a card using a couple more of the new die sets which are being released by Karen Burniston in June. As you can see I have made a Mother's Day card. I know Mother's Day was last week, I actually did make this prior to Mother's Day but I had other cards I needed to share first ... by changing the sentiments on the card this could easily be used for a birthday card for mum too.



For my card I used the new Upsy Daisy Pop-up Card die set to create the pop-up element of the card. The two end squares are attached to the pop-up mechanism and the middle square is joined to the others using twine. 

 I added the word "Mum" to the square panels, die cutting the letters using the new Alphabet die set from white cardstock that has adhesive on the front and then covered using Peony Pink Silk Microfine Glitter.

To decorate the top and bottom edges of the card I stamped the large floral arrangement from the Altenew Dearest Friend Clear Stamp set. The sentiment on the base of the card also comes from this set.




Here is a quick video showing my card in action.


Here is a side on view of my card so you can see the pop-up mechanism a little better.



I also took an overhead view of my card to give you a better look at the pop-up mechanism again.



For the front of my card I used the same flower arrangement that I used on the inside of my card. This time  around I die cut the flowers using the new Oval die set. 

I wanted something other than just plain pale pink cardstock for the base of the card, so sponged some ink through a Simon Says Stamp Square Dance Stencil using Catherine Pooler It's a Boy ink. 

For the Mother's Day sentiment I combined sentiments from two different stamp sets.

To finish off the card I added some pink Nuvo Drops to the berries in the flower arrangement and some clear crystals randomly around the card.


Supplies:



Other:
Stamps - Happy 3 x 4 - Simon Says Stamp; One Big Hoppy Family - SugarPea Designs
Cardstock - White; Black; Pink
Simon Says Stamp Square Dance Stencil
Cupid's Kiss Crystals Mix - Studio Katia
Catherine Pooler It's A Boy Ink Pad
Foam Tape
Copics



3 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

SO pretty - I love all the details.

Sam B said...

Love that crosshatch effect on the oval, so pretty; love your sponged-thru-stencil background too. This is really a beautiful card! TFS!

jojot said...

love the floral framing on this one