Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Goodbye Buttons!




Hi everyone,

I am sad today as I had to say goodbye to a precious member of my family, my dog Buttons.

About 18 1/2 years ago my husband and daughters were shopping in a local pet shop, where they discovered this cute little puppy.  They all came rushing out to me to say they had to buy him and while I disagreed with them, I am glad this is one argument I lost, he has given us so much joy over the years. On the trip home he started chewing at one of my daughters buttons on shirt, so his name Buttons was decided. 

It will be strange sitting at my desk and not having him underneath keeping me company while I am working or following me wherever I go.  I will miss the happy dances or running round and round he used to do when he got excited when any of us came home ... and of course so much more!

Goodbye my friend …. I love you!



12 comments:

Kelly Booth said...

Ohhhhhh Frances I'm so sorry... I know how this hurts! Sending you lots of love and hugs my friend! Xoxo

Karen B said...

I am so sorry, Frances. That's so hard.

stampinganja said...

So sorry to read this, it's hard losing the special dog in your live.
Hugs, Anja

fran said...

So very sorry, Frances. Fur babies are such a wonderful part is of lives. Big hugs to you.

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh Frances...I am so so sorry. I am facing this same situation with my beloved 14 year old 'puppy'. I have been crying for days just knowing what is ahead. Just trying to treasure the days I still have. HUGS to you-take care.

Adorable Annie said...

Oh dear. Sending you love and hope you and Phil are coping ok. Annie

Mary Ann said...

So sorry you lost your friend,that is a big hurt,I lost my lil fellow also,take care!!!

Lynn McAuley said...

I am so saddened by your heartbreaking loss, Frances. Buttons with be always remembered and forever loved.

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

So so so sorry for your lost. Glad the family talked you into wonderful Buttons. And what a wonderful buttons had with you.

Alyce said...

Sending you hugs. It will be difficult for your family to adjust to Buttons not being with you. We had Duchess with us for 16 years. She was in my dreams for quite some time and actually still will pop up in one every once in a while. I was always upset and trying to figure out where she was going potty since I knew I hadn't been taking her out. May your happy memories bring you comfort.

Joanne (jojot) said...

such sad news.....losing a member of the feamily, as dogs are, is difficult.....just remember that Buttons will always have a piece of your heart and I hope the many happy memories can bring you comfot....hugs

Karen Aicken said...

Frances I am just so sorry about your loss. I completely understand what you are going through and I know Buttons will be missed for a long time. I bet he is happily playing with my Brandi, Sasha and even ol' Digger Dog. Hugs.