It’s time for our December Elizabeth Craft Designs Designer Challenge. Check out the Elizabeth Crafts Designs blog today at 8AM MST when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month.
Our theme this month is Glitter and Shimmer - create a project using Silk Microfine Glitter and Shimmer Sheetz
My card today is inspired by one I created a few months back which used the Herringbone Technique, I thought it might be fun to try this using the Elizabeth Craft Designs Transparent Double Sided Tapes. For my card I used the 3 mm; 6 mm and 10 mm widths.
Here is how I made my card:
1. I like to start with a piece of card which is bigger than the size I want as the edges can get a little messy when you are removing the protective backing from the tape. My card I used here was approx 5 1/2 inches x 4 1/4 inches.
2. Take the 10 mm tape and apply that across your card.
3. Now take two more stripes of 10 mm tape and place them on your card so they are at right angles to the original piece on the card. TIP: Try to cut your tape level at the top so it can line up with the edge of the tape on the card.
4. Next take your 6 mm tape and add strips of the tape so they are next to the 10 mm pieces already on the card. You will be placing the tape on each side of the 10 mm pieces. TIP: Trim off the tape which hangs off the edges of your card as you change widths of tape, this will make it easier to lift up when you have finished adding all the tape.
5. Now take your 3 mm tape and add strips of this on either side of the 6 mm tape.
6. Once you have added the 3 mm tape, go back with the 10 mm tape to add the next lot of tape and then the 6 mm and 3 mm ... continue alternating widths until the whole card has been filled with tape.
7. Remove the protective backing from all the 10 mm strips of tape, making sure you do not touch the adhesive. Cover the adhesive with Deep Turquoise Silk Microfine Glitter. Remove excess glitter and polish the glitter with your finger.
8. Next remove all the protective backing from the 6 mm strips of tape and cover this with Soft Green Silk Microfine Glitter. Then remove all the protective backing from the 3 mm strips and cover with Soft Teal Silk Microfine Glitter. Don't forget to remove excess glitter and polish each color with your finger before going to next color.
9. To finish off the background use the Gold Lines Peel-Off Stickers and apply the lines along the edge of each row ... this helps hide any white spaces which may have appeared on your background but also gives a more defined look.
10. Trim the background down to the desired size, mine is 5 1/8 inch x 3 1/4 inches. Layer to green card and then to a folded blue card.
11. To finish off my card I decorated it using the Butterfly Silhouette Die which I die cut from Blue Iridescent Shimmer Sheets and the Butterfly Overlay 2 , for this one I die cut my card which was covered with Elizabeth Craft Designs Transparent Double Sided Tape 64 mm and then covered it with the Soft Teal Silk Microfine Glitter and adhered it to the top left hand side of my card using foam tape.
12. The Happy Birthday sentiment as die cut three times using the Happy Birthday (783) die and layered on top of each other from gold card and added to the bottom of the card.
|Paper: White; Green; Blue; Gold
|Dies: Butterfly Silhouette; Butterfly Overlay 2; Happy Birthday (783) - Elizabeth Craft Designs
|Other ECD Products: ECD Transparent Double Sided Tape 3 mm; ECD Transparent Double Sided Tape 6 mm; ECD Transparent Double Sided Tape 10 mm; ECD Transparent Double Sided Tape 64 mm; Deep Turquoise Silk Microfine Glitter; Soft Green Silk Microfine Glitter; Soft Teal Silk Microfine Glitter; Lines Peel-Off Stickers; Blue Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz;