Today I have an Easter Card with tutorial to share with you for Elizabeth Craft Designs. I love the look of white on white for cards. For a while now I have been meaning to create a background on a white card using white die cut pieces and then adding a pop of color. I finally decided to play!
Here's how I created my card:
1. Cut a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock 100lb so it measures 5 1/2 inches x 8 1/2 inches. Score along the 8 1/2 inch side at 4 1/2 inches and fold. This will be the base to our card.
2. Using the second largest die from the Stitched Rectangles die set, die cut a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock 85lb.
3. Using the Easter Eggs die set die cut the following:
- (7) Medium Overlay Easter Egg with flower design from White Soft Finish Cardstock 85lb.
- (6) Medium Overlay Easter Egg with heart design from White Soft Finish Cardstock 85lb.
- (1) Large Overlay Easter Egg from black card
- (1) Large Solid Easter Egg from White Soft Finish Cardstock 85lb.
- (2) Grass from from White Soft Finish Cardstock 85lb.
Note: Adhere Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape to the back of all pieces of cardstock prior to die cutting. For the Grass and Large Solid Egg die cut the pieces so the adhesive is on the front of the card.
4. Remove the protective backing from one of the medium Overlay Easter Egg with the heart design and adhere it so that it is centred to the lower half of the card, close to the stitching.
- Remove the protecting backing to two of the medium Overlay Easter Egg with the flower design and position them on either side of the first egg.
5. Remove the protective backing from another of the medium Overlay Easter Egg with flower design and adhere it to the top half of the card so that it is positioned between the two eggs on the bottom of the card. Refer to photo above for placement.
- Continue adhering the Overlay Easter Eggs to the top part of the card as per photo above. Note two eggs will be overhanging the edges of the card, using scissors to trim flush to the card.
6. Cut two Overlay Easter Eggs with Flower Design and one Overlay Easter Egg with Heart Design in half. Set aside the top half of the eggs for the next step and use the bottom parts of the egg to adhere to the top of the card in the gaps between the top eggs. Refer to photo above for placement. Ensure to place the flower egg so it is in line with the flower egg at the bottom of the card and the heart egg with the heart egg etc.
- Trim of any overhanging eggs so that they are flush with the edge of the card.
7. Cut one Egg with heart design in half lengthwise and adhere these on either side of the eggs at the bottom of the card. Trim off any overhanging pieces.
- Using the half eggs we cut in step 6 place them in the gaps between the eggs on the bottom of the card, trimming off any overhanging pieces. Note you will have to cut the top off one more egg to complete the bottom section of the card.
8. Place foam tape to the back of the Stitched Rectangle panel and adhere it to the front of the white card base.
9. Remove the protective backing from both the large Overlay Egg and large Solid Egg. Carefully layer the overlay onto the solid egg being careful not to touch the adhesive on the solid egg.
- Cover the adhesive with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter, polish glitter with your finger and brush excess off.
- Color egg using Copic markers.
- Place foam tape to the back of the egg and attach to the lower right hand side of card. Refer to photo at top for placement.
10. Remove the protective backing from both of the grass pieces and cover the adhesive with Soft Green Silk Microfine Glitter, polish glitter with your finger and brush off excess.
- Use foam tape to adhere one of the grass pieces in front of the large egg. Cut the other grass piece in half and adhere to either side of egg.
11. The Inside of the Card:
- Remove the protective backing from the remaining Overlay Egg and adhere it to the bottom right hand corner of the inside of the card.
12. Using the two smallest dies from the Stitched Rectangles die set, die cut two pieces of White Soft Finish Cardstock 85lb. Layer the small rectangle to the larger rectangle using foam tape. Adhere rectangles to the top left hand side of the card as per photo above.
- Attach the "Happy Easter" sentiment from the Happy Easter Peel Off Stickers to the centre of the small rectangle.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.
Elizabeth Craft Designs: