It's time for our February Coloring Design Team Designer challenge. Check out the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog today to see what all the talented designers created for the challenge.
Our challenge this month is ...... Things
with Wings - Include something on your card this month that has wings …
some suggestions include birds; owls;
bees; butterflies etc.
As you can see I used Krista Schneider's Feathered Friends Clear Stamps and the coordinating dies for my "Things with Wings".
I decided to create a birdhouse for my feathered friends and turned it into an Easel card.
For today's challenge Elizabeth Craft Designs are giving away a "Things with Wings" prize pack which will include: Krista Schneider's Feathered Friends stamp & matching die set, ModaScrap Dancing Butterflies and Joset Designs Birds to 3 people.
We will select 3 lucky winners in a random drawing
The winners will be announced on Friday, February 24 on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog.
Here is how I created my card -
1. Cut a piece of designer paper that measures 4 3/8 inches x 5 inches. Also cut a piece of cardstock the same size as the designer paper. Adhere the designer paper to the cardstock.
2. Using the smallest circle from the Fitted Circles die set to create a hole in the designer paper panel where the dotted circle is shown in the photo above.
3. Use the straight edge from the Fishtail Borders die set, to create a reversed "V" edge at the top of the striped designer paper.
4. Cut a piece of polka dot designer paper 5 1/8 inch x 5 inches, layer onto a piece of cardstock the same size for added strength.
5. Use the straight edge from the Fishtail Borders die set to create a reversed "V" edge at the top of the polka dot paper. Measure down approximately 1 inch from the first edge, reposition the Fishtail Border and die cut to create the roof.
6. Use the scallop edge from the Fishtail Borders die set and die cut a piece of black cardstock that measures 5 1/8 inch x 2 inches. Trim the top of the black scalloped Fishtail edge so that it will fit under the polka dot edge without being seen. Adhere the polka dot edge to the black scalloped edge and adhere to the top of the striped paper using foam tape.
7. Using the two smallest circles from the Fitted Circles die set, die cut a circle frame from the polka dot paper. Adhere circle frame around the hole in the birdhouse.
8. Cut a piece of polka dot paper that measures 5 1/8 inch x 1/2 inch and adhere to the bottom of the birdhouse.
9. Using the Feathered Friends Clear Stamp set, stamp the three birds, leaves and flowers onto White Soft Finish Cardstock using black ink. Color images and die cut using coordinating dies.
10. Adhere the images to the birdhouse referring to photo above for placement using foam tape.
11. Cut a piece of black cardstock the same size as the birdhouse and die cut the the top of the birdhouse with the straight edge from the Fishtail Borders die set. Adhere this to the back of the birdhouse before attaching to the easel card.
Easel Card -
1. Cut a piece of black cardstock that measures 4 1/4 inches x 9 1/2 inches. Score and fold along the the 9 1/2 inch side at 4 3/4 inches and 7inches.
2. Cut a piece of blue designer paper 4 1/4 inches x 2 1/2 inches. Adhere this panel to the easel card so it is on the section between the two folds in the card.
3. Apply adhesive to the bottom 1/4 panel of the easel and attach the bottom of the birdhouse to this panel.
4. Cut a piece of green designer paper that measures 4 1/4 inches x 4 3/4 inches and adhere to the bottom panel of the easel.
5. Using the Stitched Fishtail Banners die set, die cut one fishtail panel from White Soft Finish Cardstock and one from black cardstock.
6. Stamp the "happiness" sentiment from the Dreams Sentiments Clear stamp set using black ink onto the white fishtail banner.
7. Layer the two panels together and adhere to the cards using foam tape (refer to photo above for placement).
8. Stamp three flowers from the Feathered Friends Clear Stamp set onto White Soft Finish Cardstock using black ink. Color and die cut the flowers using the coordinating die. Adhere along the bottom of the card.
That's it for me today, I hope you enjoyed my card and tutorial. Don't forget to check out the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog to see all the wonderful creations by our talented designers.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Cardstock - Black; Green; Pink
Designer Paper - Fancy
Pants Feathered 12 x 12 Designer Paper; Kaisercraft Flirtatious 12 x 12 Paper;
Graphic 45 Nook & Pantry Beaters 12 x 12 Paper; Fab Scraps Monkey See,
Monkey Do 12 x 12 Paper
Inks - Black