Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Well Read … Who’s That Girl! Hop!

MFT-Well-Read-wm

Hi everyone and welcome to my blog. It time to join the MFT Stamps Design Team for another MFT "Who's That Girl Hop!" to celebrate the release of the MFT VIP Kit.

The hop started at Kim's blog so if you didn’t start from there you may want to head over there now so that you can start at the beginning of the hop. You don't want to miss anything and believe me there is lots to see!

Today only VIP customers have the opportunity of purchasing the WTG set "Well Read WTG" TWO WEEKS EARLY!!!!!!!!!! There will only be 50 VIP collections available and then the set will be unavailable until the full release on September 1st at 10:00 PM EST.

SeptVIPCollectionSM

Here is what is in this month’s VIP Kit:

September VIP (August 17th 10 PM EST through August 18th)

  • Well Read WTG VIP $40.75
  • Well Read
  • Wendy alphabet
  • Notebook edge die-namics
  • 10 yards (2 yds each of 5 colors) striped twill ribbon
  • Basic grey basics pad (white)
  • Neutral baby braddies collection (black, white, cream and brown)

Additional release on VIP night:

  • à la modes - Time to Celebrate
  • à la modes- Groovy Girl

For my card today I paper pieced the lounge and created a scene of a lounge room by using more designer paper for the walls and drawing in the floor. The lounge is then added on top of the floor and walls. The layout I used for my card is a Mercy’s Tuesday Sketch challenge from last week MTSC86.

The sentiment I used on the front of my card actually has the words “THE END” after the dots … but as that didn’t fit in my panel I just used the words that did. I also used the Die-namics Chain Border die to create the border at the right hand side of my card. DieNamicsOpenScallopBorder

MFT-Well-Read2-wm

Here is the inside of my card using one of the sentiments included in the set. I again used the Chain Border Die-namics on the right hand side of my card.

Well now it is time to say goodbye to me and hop on over to the marvellously talented Michele Boyer’s blog to see what she has created.

Enjoy the rest of the hop and thanks for dropping by!

Stamps: Well Read WTG – MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Pink; Blue; Hippy Girl DP – Kaisercraft
Die-namics: Chain Border
Other: Black Ink; Pink Brads; Foam Tape; Copics

aa-owl-signature

23 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Loved that couch FRANCES!!

Sheri Gilson said...

Great card, Frances!!

Sherrie said...

The image totally pops on your card Frances...so cute!

Leigh OBrien said...

Fun, fun layout...inside and OUT!

Danni said...

How fabulous!

Kerry Johnson said...

Love it Frances! Especially that you added baseboard to your floor and wall!

Anonymous said...

Look at the wallpaper and floor, brilliant!

Unknown said...

Frances, I just love your paper choices here, and what a fun layout too! Very very nicely done!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Fantastic layout, Frances, and the colors are just spot-on! Love it! :)

Alex said...

LOOOVE your fun floor!! soo cute with that adorable couch! I absolutely love it!! lovely!

Kelli Hull said...

OOOO!!!! I LOVE how you used only 1/2 of the chain die and it looks COOL!!!!! But I am SAD... There is absolutely NO WAY to fit ANOTHER COUCH in my already cramped house!!!! And I WANT THAT COUCH!!!! LOL

Melody said...

Just love how you did the floor, baseboard, and wallpaper!

Dawn Easton said...

Love your paper piecing! Fantastic layout too!

Lisa H. said...

soooo beautiful! love those papers. looks great.

Christina Fischer said...

I love the colors and papers! Great layout, too! :)

Julie said...

WOW, I am in love with the polka dot couch Frances! Love all the little details you added. Just gorgeous!

Barbara said...

Love this! Yet another couch I want, LOL!

Megan said...

Oh la la! A polka dotted couch. LOVE!

Punkydoodle Papers said...

Wow Frances! The bright colors are so yummy! This is great!

Joanne (jojot) said...

awesome colors and dp...fun reading image

g said...

so awesome! i love the drawn in floor & the bright happy colors!!

Shaz said...

Fabulous card it's... Bright fresh and FUN! I love it.

Jessie/knightrone said...

So cute and fun!! I love it!!