Wednesday, July 27, 2011

No Markers!

PWC164 Penquin wm

Hi everyone,

It’s time for another Pretties Wednesday Challenge over on the Paper Pretties Blog. This week the challenge is a No marker challenge...color with pencils, inks, crayons...anything but markers.

Aaaaargh!!!!!! no markers, I decided a long long time ago that I prefer to color my images with my copic markers! For me nothing else gives me the results that I prefer when I color … I know other people love some of these other options but we all have to use what works for us and Copics is what works for me! So this was a challenge I wasn’t looking forward to … I did think maybe I could be sick, but Heather knows I work ahead of time so I wouldn’t have gotten away with that LOL Winking smile.

Anyway back to  my card, I used Paper Pretties Holy Mackerel this week! I thought that was appropriate for a non marker challenge … it might have been something I said when I first read the challenge hehe! I used Prismacolor pencils and baby oil to color in my image.

The layout of my card is a recent Card Patterns sketch #123.

How to Enter: If you would like to play along with us, all you have to do is create a card/project using the above challenge and upload it to your blog and/or to your SCS Gallery using the keyword PWC164.

Don’t forget to include a link to your card on the Paper Pretties Blog, so everyone can see it too. You don’t have to use Paper Pretties stamps to play, but of course if you have them we would love to see you use them. One random participant will receive a Paper Pretties Stamps set … see the Paper Pretties Blog for more details. 

 

Stamps: Holy Mackerel – Paper Pretties
Paper: White; Black; Orange; Splash DP – Echo Park
Other: Black Ink; Black Ribbon; Black Twine; Orange Button; Prismacolor Pencils; Baby Oil

aa-owl-signature

5 comments:

Gabby said...

You might have been uncomfotable giving your copics a vacation day BUT you did good! The coloring is nice. :) I like your paper choices for thus neat layout, too. Good goin' girlie! :)

Cindy Haffner said...

Super SWEET!!~

MiamiKel said...

Super fun card, Frances!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

well.....your coloring is fab even without markers

Jessie/knightrone said...

Super cute!