Saturday, July 23, 2011

Whoooooo Loves U!

C4C97 Shaker Card wm

Hi everyone,

It’s Saturday which means it’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Cindy Haffner has given us another fun construction style challenge this week. This time round we had to create Shaker cards, you can find a tutorial on how to create this style of card on the Splitcoast Stampers site here.

It has been years since I have created a shaker card, this was probably the first type of construction card I made over 25 years ago when I first started stamping. This one is a little different to what I used to create but just as much fun.

This week I used an owl from Cottage Impressions and the postage frame die from Cottage Cutz both are available from Scrapping Cottage. The postage frame is a solid shape I just cut the inside out using a craft knife so I could create my shaker card. I wanted to use pinks and browns for this card so I used holeless beads for the inside of the shaker part of my card.

C4C97 Shaker Card2 wm

For the inside of my card I used another owl sentiment from a Stampendous Owl set that came in the mail as I was creating my card, what perfect timing! Of course I had to use the sentiment especially seeing it worked so well with the theme of this card!

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.

Stamps: Owl – Cottage Impressions; Sentiment – Stampendous
Paper: White; Pink; Brown; Sweet Owl DP - Trimcraft
Other: Black Ink; Brown Ribbon; Pink Twine; Heart Button; Pearl Flourishes; Pink Beadz; Cottage Cutz Postage Stamp Die; MS Heart Border Punch; Foam Tape; Copics

aa-owl-signature

8 comments:

Silli said...

how pretty...Love the image... Wonderful Frances..

Cindy Haffner said...

FAB FAB FAB!!~

Tammy Hershberger said...

Cute card, Frances! That postage frame is fabulous!

Vicki G said...

Beautiful! Love that Heart button and ribbon!

Vicki

Sandy said...

A fun shaker card, love that heart shaped button! and the owl and greeting is fab.
Sandy

Erika Valdez said...

OMG this is an AMAZING card!! I love it!!
I am having a Shaker card challenge as well {it is only my second challenge on my blog} I would love it if you entered this Fabulous Card in it! I am giving away a Pink By Design stamp set a Peachy Keen Gift Certificate and everyone who enters will be eligable to win a SCRAP N EASEL!! I hope you will stop by! :)

Lots of Love,
Erika

http://www.craftysprouts.com

Joanne (jojot) said...

totally fabulous....owls, layout, beads, etc.....fabbo, Hoots

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so prettY!