Saturday, March 9, 2013

Another Year Flies By ….

C4C176-NegativeBalloon-wm

Hello everyone,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. This week it is my turn to hostess the challenges.

Being Negative - use the negative portion of your die on your card

For my card this week I used a Lili of the Valley stamp which I have had for ages and haven’t used … love this Patchwork Hot Air Balloon stamp.

For the negative portion of the challenge I decided to use the MFT Die-namics Jumbo Clouds stax. I took the two smaller clouds from this die set and placed them at the top of my Blu Raspberry card and cut them out. I then added another of the bigger of the two dies lower down on my card. Along the bottom of the card I used the Die-namics Snow Drifts die to create the grass area. I layered the blue card over my white base card and viola you have clouds. I added the Hot Air Balloon on top of the clouds and added the sentiment on the top right cloud using black ink. I also added a few rhinestones here and there on the sky.

C4C176-NegativeBalloon2-wm

Here is the inside of my card. I kept this one fairly simple by just stamping the Hot Air Balloon again and a sentiment.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.

Stamps: Patchwork Hot Air Balloon – Lili of the Valley; Sentiments from Party Polly – Paper Pretties
Paper: Sweet Tooth (MFT); Blu Raspberry (MFT); Notable DP – My Mind’s Eye
Other: Black Ink; MFT Die-namics Jumbo Cloud Stax; MFT Die-namics Snow Drifts; Rhinestones; Foam Tape; Copics

#aa-owl-signature

4 comments:

Silli said...

*smile*...love the cute image.... what a pretty scene... HUGS

Kristine Reynolds said...

Very cute and creative!

Joanne (jojot) said...

I just LOVE the effect of the 'negative' clouds...so clever

Betty Wright said...

This is so amazing and just beautifully colored and detailed, Francis! Wonderful card!