Saturday, March 9, 2013

Another Year Flies By ….

C4C176-NegativeBalloon-wm

Hello everyone,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. This week it is my turn to hostess the challenges.

Being Negative - use the negative portion of your die on your card

For my card this week I used a Lili of the Valley stamp which I have had for ages and haven’t used … love this Patchwork Hot Air Balloon stamp.

For the negative portion of the challenge I decided to use the MFT Die-namics Jumbo Clouds stax. I took the two smaller clouds from this die set and placed them at the top of my Blu Raspberry card and cut them out. I then added another of the bigger of the two dies lower down on my card. Along the bottom of the card I used the Die-namics Snow Drifts die to create the grass area. I layered the blue card over my white base card and viola you have clouds. I added the Hot Air Balloon on top of the clouds and added the sentiment on the top right cloud using black ink. I also added a few rhinestones here and there on the sky.

C4C176-NegativeBalloon2-wm

Here is the inside of my card. I kept this one fairly simple by just stamping the Hot Air Balloon again and a sentiment.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.

Stamps: Patchwork Hot Air Balloon – Lili of the Valley; Sentiments from Party Polly – Paper Pretties
Paper: Sweet Tooth (MFT); Blu Raspberry (MFT); Notable DP – My Mind’s Eye
Other: Black Ink; MFT Die-namics Jumbo Cloud Stax; MFT Die-namics Snow Drifts; Rhinestones; Foam Tape; Copics

#aa-owl-signature

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. *smile*...love the cute image.... what a pretty scene... HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE the effect of the 'negative' clouds...so clever

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so amazing and just beautifully colored and detailed, Francis! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate your comments on my creations. Hope you enjoy your day!