Thursday, August 25, 2011

Come They Told Me!

CCEE1134 Gold wm

Hi all!

It’s challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. This month our hostess Charlene Merrick,  has been surfing the net for some interesting facts http://funfactz.com. Each week, she has been giving us an interesting fact and an operative word that must be used for the inspiration of your design.

INTERESTING FACT: "The streets of Victor, Colorado, once a gold rush town, are paved with low-grade gold."
  OPERATIVE WORD: Gold

For my card today I decided to use Flourishes Drummer Boy stamp set, this one has been on my wish list for a while now Smile. I used gold card for all my layers as well as adding gold brads to the to the top right hand side of my card and the centre of my poinsettia flower. I also used a gold pen to color in the base of the drummer boy and the brad on his uniform.

CCEE1134 Gold2 wm

Here is the inside of my card. I stamped the other Drummer Boy from the set onto my card and also another of the sentiments from the set.

Don’t forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:

Stamps: Drummer Boy – Flourishes
Paper: White; Gold; Green; DP – Kaisercraft
Other: Black Ink; MFT Die-namics First Place Award Ribbon Die; MFT Die-namics Stacked Open Scallop Border Die; Circle Nestabilities; Poinsettia Flower; Gold Brads; Foam Tape; Copics

3 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

LOVE this holiday card....I have a small collection of nutcrackers and this reminded me of them

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

This is awesome, Frances!

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS!!~