Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I Like You!

MFT Circles wm
Hi everyone,

The MFT Design Team Creative Challenge is a monthly feature, where we are challenged to explore our creative side using a specific theme, product, or technique. This month, we were challenged to create with our Circle STAX.  Be sure to check out the MFT Blog for a list of all participating designers who have a project to share with you today. 

Print

For my card today I decided to use the Circle Stax to create a faux basket and then decorate it with flowers. This is an idea I found somewhere many years ago and did so I enjoyed revisiting the idea using projects I didn’t have back then.

Here is how I created my basket:

MFT Circles9 wm

1. First up I took the 5 larger circles from the Die-namics Circle STAX Set 1 set and placed them on my cutting plate inside each other so that the circles were even.

MFT Circles8 wm

2. Next I die cut my card using the Die-namics Circle STAX Set 1 …. I used blue card on my card but the sample above shows Kraft card.

MFT Circles6 wm

3. Separate all the circles from the dies. To create the basket you will need all the circle frames. The solid one isn’t needed but you needed that die to create the last circle frame.

MFT Circles7 wm

4. Now take all the circle frames you created (you should have 4 circle frames) and glue them all together at one point at the top. It should look like my sample above.

MFT Circles3 wm

5. Attach your basket to your card and then decorate how you like. For my card I decorated the lower right hand side of my basket using the Die-namics Flower Trio & Leaf Trio using two different colors of designer paper.

MFT Circles4 wm

6. At the top of my basket I added the larger of the bows from the Die-namics Dainty Bows set.

MFT Circles5 wm

7. And finally I added a sentiment using the You Make My Day stamp set which is this months triple scoop stamp set. This was stamped using Kraft Ink Pad onto on of the tabs from the Die-namics LLD Accent It - Labels and Tabs.

MFT Circles wm


Here is another view of my finished card.

MFT Circles2 wm

For the inside of my card I used another sentiment from the You Make My Day stamp set again stamping it using the Kraft Ink Pad. As you can see I used the solid inner circle which was the left over piece when I cut all my circle frames using the Die-namics Circle STAX Set 1 set.

I also added a flower using the Die-namics Flower Trio & Leaf Trio and added the Die-namics Little Open Scallop Strip to create the border along the bottom of my card.

Be sure to check out the MFT Stamps Blog for a list of all participating designers who have put their MFT stamps and/or Die-namics dies to work to create something to share with you today.

Stamps: You Make My Day – MFT  Stamps
Paper: Kraft (MFT); Blue; Orange; Autumn  Spice DP – Lily Bee Designs
Die-namics: Circle Stax 1; Dainty Bows; Flower & Leaf Trio; Little Open Scallop Strip – MFT Stamps
Other: Kraft Ink (MFT); Pearls;

#aa-owl-signature


12 comments:

Melody said...

Really cute idea Frances!

Stacy said...

So pretty!

Stacy said...

So pretty!

zehra said...

I totally love the basket and am going to try it

wendy said...

lovely!

Michele Boyer said...

I never thought to die-cut open circles like that! Thanks, Frances! This is so pretty. I love how the circles are together on one end!

Lynne said...

Great ideas. Pretty color scheme.

scrappingnana said...

Wow, what a great idea. I love the bow on top of your basket. The inside of your card is just as pretty as the outside. TFS

Silli said...

wonderful Frances, how clever!

Alina said...

very pretty card, Frances!

Cindy Haffner said...

GORGEOUS!!~

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Frances! Thanks for the inspiration!