The MFT Design Team Creative Challenge is a monthly feature, where we are challenged to explore our creative side using a specific theme, product, or technique. This month, we were challenged to create with our Circle STAX. Be sure to check out the MFT Blog for a list of all participating designers who have a project to share with you today.
For my card today I decided to use the Circle Stax to create a faux basket and then decorate it with flowers. This is an idea I found somewhere many years ago and did so I enjoyed revisiting the idea using projects I didn’t have back then.
Here is how I created my basket:
1. First up I took the 5 larger circles from the Die-namics Circle STAX Set 1 set and placed them on my cutting plate inside each other so that the circles were even.
2. Next I die cut my card using the Die-namics Circle STAX Set 1 …. I used blue card on my card but the sample above shows Kraft card.
3. Separate all the circles from the dies. To create the basket you will need all the circle frames. The solid one isn’t needed but you needed that die to create the last circle frame.
4. Now take all the circle frames you created (you should have 4 circle frames) and glue them all together at one point at the top. It should look like my sample above.
5. Attach your basket to your card and then decorate how you like. For my card I decorated the lower right hand side of my basket using the Die-namics Flower Trio & Leaf Trio using two different colors of designer paper.
6. At the top of my basket I added the larger of the bows from the Die-namics Dainty Bows set.
7. And finally I added a sentiment using the You Make My Day stamp set which is this months triple scoop stamp set. This was stamped using Kraft Ink Pad onto on of the tabs from the Die-namics LLD Accent It - Labels and Tabs.
Here is another view of my finished card.
For the inside of my card I used another sentiment from the You Make My Day stamp set again stamping it using the Kraft Ink Pad. As you can see I used the solid inner circle which was the left over piece when I cut all my circle frames using the Die-namics Circle STAX Set 1 set.
I also added a flower using the Die-namics Flower Trio & Leaf Trio and added the Die-namics Little Open Scallop Strip to create the border along the bottom of my card.
Be sure to check out the MFT Stamps Blog for a list of all participating designers who have put their MFT stamps and/or Die-namics dies to work to create something to share with you today.
|Stamps: You Make My Day – MFT Stamps|
|Paper: Kraft (MFT); Blue; Orange; Autumn Spice DP – Lily Bee Designs|
|Die-namics: Circle Stax 1; Dainty Bows; Flower & Leaf Trio; Little Open Scallop Strip – MFT Stamps|
|Other: Kraft Ink (MFT); Pearls;|