Friday, January 11, 2013

Thomas Kinkade Week

CHF Scored Castle wm

Hi everyone,

This year the Cornish Heritage Farms Design Team will be featuring Thomas Kinkade cards on the first non challenge week of the month. Now that week will vary each month depending when the challenge is seeing that it is bi weekly. You will need to keep an eye on the CHF DT’s blogs during that week as we won’t all be posting on the same day, but rather on a day that suits us depending on what other stuff we have to blog that week.

I am going to try to focus on a different technique each month with this stamps … hopefully I can keep it up, it will only be twelve techniques after all.

For my card today I have used the Thomas Kinkade Guardian Castle stamp. Today I have used the Scored Panel Technique for my card. Before stamping the image on the card I used my scor-pal and scored my card at regular intervals …  mine was ever 2 cms but you can use whatever measurement you like. Once I had my scoring done I inked up the stamp using Perfect Plumeria Versamagic Ink and stamped it in the centre of my card. I then trimmed around the image leaving a white border and completed my card.

CHF Scored Castle2 wm

Here is the inside of my card. Seeing the image on the outside is a castle I decided to use a sentiment Make Your Life a Fairy Tale from Riley and Company.

Stamps: Thomas Kinkade Guardian Castle – Cornish Heritage Farms; Make Your Life a Fairy Tale – Riley and Company
Paper: White; Pink; Dark Pink; Love Letters DP – Trim Craft
Other: Black Ink; Perfect Plumeria Versa Magic; MFT Die-namics Leaf Filled Flourish; MFT  Die-namics Pretty Posies; Button; Hemp Cord; Scor-Pal; Foam Tape

#aa-owl-signature

6 comments:

Danni said...

This is wonderful!

Kristine Reynolds said...

Ack!! I just created a tutorial for this technique for my next TK post :) Love yours!

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card,great idea...

Sparkly Engineer said...

I would never have thought of this for a kincade stamp and it is wonderful.

Cindy Haffner said...

STUNNING Frances!!~

Joanne (jojot) said...

fab technique....fab card