Thursday, January 31, 2013

Surf’s Up!

CCEE1305 Surfs Up wm

Hi everyone,

It’s challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. This week our challenge hostess for the month Joanne Grzelak continues to issue the challenges.

Joanne say’s that in the Northern Hemisphere they are in the midst of winter, so let’s think HOT. Create a card that is ‘hot’ in temperature, theme, or taste. Could be a sun, a hot pepper, a summer scene, a romance theme…..the variations are endless.

Well it isn’t hard to think hot when you are living in the Southern Hemisphere especially if you live in Australia like I do. We are in the middle of summer and have just recently had a heatwave through the country, thank goodness for air conditioners Smile.

For my card today I decided to go with the summer/beach theme and I used the Penny Black Fun in the Sun stamp set which I have had for over a year and it has been sitting in my please use me box all that time LOL. It has now finally been inked I am pleased to say.

CCEE1305 Surfs Up5 wm

As you can see I have created another pop up card using the Sizzix Pop N Cuts dies, this one uses the base die and then the Pop N Cuts Insert Label 3D. I am having so much fun creating these pop up cards. I still have a few I haven’t used as yet, but I plan to fix that very soon Smile.

CCEE1305 Surfs Up4 wm

Here is another view of the inside of my pop up card.

Don’t forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:

Stamps: Fun in the Sun – Penny Black
Paper: White; Orange; Teal; Splash DP – Echo Park
Other: Black Ink; Sizzix Pop N Cuts Base Die; Sizzix Pop N Cuts Insert Label 3D Die; Sizzix Label & Ribbon Movers & Shapers Die; MFT Die-namics Oval Stax 1 & 2; MFT Die-namics Mini Scallop Border; Spellbinders Labels 1 (small); Foam Tape; Copics

 

#aa-owl-signature

 

11 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh those girls are so SWEET!!~

wannabcre8tive said...

What a fun card.

Vicky Gould said...

You make the funnest (I know, that's not a word!) cards, Frances. Love the color, theme and those adorable little gals!

Benzi said...

Just adorable! That is the most fun card and love the great papers you used. The inside is just as cute as the outside.
I'm so ready for summer and HOT!

Lois said...

What a fun card! Great papers, awesome coloring and a surprise inside!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Absolutely adorable, Frances! These sweet girls are having so much fun in the sun. Love your pop-up cards!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

This pop up card is just darling! I love the fab colors and those cute images. Also, the top card with the pretty flower? saved to case! Beautiful!

Kathy Bradley said...

Frances,
This is a really adorable pop-up card - all the little gals are so cute! I'll be so happy when it's swimsuit weather here!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

What a refreshing reminder of summer.....absolutely fabulous, Hoots....I just love every detail

Sabrina said...

As soon as I saw the pop-up I knew it had to be your card. Fun in the sun is right, and gosh, this conjures up images of a hot sunny day. No goose pimples as they shiver on an Irish beach, so I'm glad she has her sun-hat for some extra protection. It reminds me of when we were in mainland Greece a couple of years ago, quite late in the year and after the tourist season. All the locals would come out and just drift in the sea chatting, and all you could see were heads with hats :D.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

These are both so adorable, love the great designs and dp you used.