Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Favorite Color Combo

MFT-FrontPorchSpring-wm

Hi everyone,

The MFT Design Team Creative Challenge is a monthly feature, where we are challenged to explore our creative side using a specific theme, product, or technique.

This month, we are highlighting our favorite color combinations using MFT Ink, cardstock, buttons,ribbon, and felt.

Be sure to check out the MFT Blog for a list of all participating designers who have a project to share with you today.

Print

My very favorite color is blue and I love love love MFT Stamps Blu Raspberry cardstock …. I have been using this a lot recently with the new Electric Red cardstock which is fast becoming my favorite red … I just can’t stop using it Smile.  Today for my card I have used these two colors along with white using the Smooth White cardstock with is also new to MFT Stamps.

I stamped the square front porch image from Inspired by the Front Porch – Spring using the Black Licorice Ink Pad onto Blu Raspberry cardstock. This was die cut and layered using the Die-namics Square STAX Set 1 and Die-namics Square STAX Set 2.

For the Base layer I stamped the flower background from LJD Spring Backgrounds onto Smooth White cardstock using Blu Raspberry ink. The vertical panel on the left of the card is stamped using LJD Darling Dots and Electric Red ink. Along the left edge of this panel I used the Die-namics Little Open Scallop Strip.

To finish off the front of my card I added a bow using Electric Red Ribbon topped with a Blu Raspberry Button and Hemp Cord.

For the sentiments hanging from the button I used the “Happy” from Inspired by the Front Porch – Spring and “Birthday” from Doodle Garden Party Time and one of the tags from Die-namics Blueprints 1.

MFT-FrontPorchSpring2-wm

Here is the inside of my card …. I stamped the flowers from Inspired by the Front Porch – Spring using Blu Raspberry ink and the sentiment was stamped using Electric Red ink.

Here are the MFT Products I used on my card today:

Stamps: Inspired by the Front Porch – Spring; Doodle Garden Party Time; LJD Spring Backgrounds; LJD Darling Dots – MFT Stamps
Paper: Smooth White; Blu Raspberry; Electric Red – MFT Stamps
Die-namics: Square Stax 1 & 2; Little Open Scallop Strip; Blueprints 1 – MFT Stamps
Other: Black Licorice Ink  (MFT); Blu Raspberry Ink (MFT); Electric Red Ink (MFT); Electric Red Ribbon (MFT); Blu Raspberry Button (MFT); Hemp Cord (MFT); Foam Tape

 

#aa-owl-signature

9 comments:

Tracey said...

What a great colour combo! Gorgeous card Frances!!

Lisa H. said...

so pretty, Frances. I ♥ Blu Raspberry, too.

scrappingnana said...

Very pretty and a great color combo.

Sherrie said...

Lovely combo Frances and your card is so pretty too!

Kim said...

Very pretty Frances!!

Karen Motz said...

So pretty Frances!!!

Sarah Gough said...

I've been loving blu raspberry too, great card Frances!

Inge Groot said...

Gorgeous card Frances!

Joanne (jojot) said...

wow.....I never would have thought to stamp this image on that color but WOW does it ever work....