Saturday, May 30, 2015

You + Me = Oui


Hi everyone,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog.  Barb Anders our challenge hostess for May finishes off the month with one last challenge.

Barb tells us that .... School is about out and vacations are either planned or being planned. What would be your ideal vacation spot? Beach, mountains, backyard? Whatever your destination is, let's create a card or project using it as your inspiration.


Living in Australia we don't have Summer holidays coming up although schools are out now for 2 weeks for the mid year holiday break. My daughter is living in London England this year and I know she is looking forward to her Summer holidays when she will explore a little of Europe which I presume will include Paris. So for my card today I decided to go with a Paris theme, especially as I had recently purchased these cute french boy and girl from Some Odd Girls.



For my card this week I created a Pop Stand Card with a floating floor using the Eiffel Tower Pop Stand Card die set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs.

To create the floating floor, I followed Karen Burniston's tutorial that she shared with us last week where she created a floating floor for the Barn Pop Stand Card. You can see her tutorial here. Please note if you are wanting to create a floating floor using the Eiffel Tower, that you will need to add 1/2 inch to the length of the two smaller pieces of card used to create this to allow for the height of the Eiffel Tower ... I made my two card 5.75 inches.

For the Eiffel Tower I die cut two Eiffel Towers which was covered with Transparent Double Sided Tape on the top of the card and then added Pewter Silk Microfine Glitter.



Here is a closer look at the floating floor portion of my card. 



Here is the front of the card ... I used the labels from the Katie Label Pivot Card die set for all the sentiments on the card. 

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.

Stamps: Frenchie Gwen; Frenchie Kody - Some Odd Girl; Dog Treats -  Prima Stamps
Paper: White; Red; Navy; Modern Miss Party DP - Bo Bunny
Dies: Eiffel Tower Pop Stand Card; Lucy Label Pop Up Card - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other ECD Products: Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape 152mm; Pewter Silk Microfine Glitter
Other: Black Ink; Foam Tape; Copics


2 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Loving all your new French themed stamps, Frances! I really like that floating floor as well - great card for the C4C challenge!

Joanne (jojot) said...

cool fancy fold card......perfectly 'decorated'....