Saturday, February 25, 2012

Two Layers!

C4C125 TwoLayer wm

Hi everyone,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. This week Lynda Benden has one last challenge for us to finish of her month as challenge hostess.

Lynda has challenged us to make a two layer card!! Lynda says she finds 2 layers are harder than one layer cards! She also told us No cheating!!!

Well personally I have difficulty doing both One Layer or Two Layer cards, arghhhhhhhh! This isn’t particularly my favorite card I have made (it isn’t the worst either LOL!) It I could have used more layers I am sure I would have come up with something better but as I couldn’t this is what I came up with.

I wanted to use this Hero Arts/Sizzix Leafy Fern set, this comprises of a large leafy stamp and an embossing folder so I could emboss over the stamped image. I inked the stamp using a couple of colors of Distress stains and then stamped it onto kraft card. Once the ink was dry I embossed the image using the embossing folder provided.

I am not sure if I cheated by using twine and a button, but Lynda didn’t say we couldn’t (or we could for that matter) so I did! I might have liked to add a tag with a sentiment, but that might be another layer so I left it off Winking smile.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.

 

Stamps: Artistic Fern – Hero Arts
Paper: Kraft; Green
Other: Peel Paint Distress Stain; Wild Honey Distress Stain; Artistic Fern Embossing Folder; Yellow & Green Twine; Button; Foam Tape.

#aa-owl-signature

6 comments:

KelliJo said...

HAHAHHA!! Good Girl for NOT CHEATING with a tag!!!! Ummm, I think the twine is cheating too!!! ;) My spritz becomes ONE with the PAPER.... tee hee!

Barbara said...

This is just lovely, Frances! Very serene and restful--great card!

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

This is gorgeous, France....love the stamped/embossed look...perfect for a 2 layer creation!!

Silli said...

wow Frances, what a great idea, love your card and the embossed look! xoxo

Joanne (jojot) said...

I just heard of these stamp/emboss Hero Arts 'stuff' and here YOU have it already.....love this card, Hoots....so 'out of the box' for you....but still fabulous

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS minds Frances, your card is so PRETTY!!~