Thursday, January 20, 2011

Penguin Day!

CCEE1103-Penguin-wm

Hi everyone,

It’s time for another challenge with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. This week it is my turn to host the challenge.

Apparently today is Penguin awareness day.... so seeing that one of the members of our  CCEE Stampers Design Team loves penguins, how could I not use this for our challenge today. So for this challenge all you need to do is to include a penguin of some sort on your card ... be it stamped, punched etc!

I had lots of fun with this challenge and took the opportunity to play with my Cricut Gypsy to create some shaped cards using the Cricut Create A Critter cartridge … love this cartridge. First up I created a Penguin shaped card …. what fun!

CCEE1103-PenguinIgloo-wm

For my second card I used the igloo which is also on the Create A Critter cartridge and turned this into a shaped card and then I cut out a smaller penguin and added that to the front of my card. The white portion of the igloo I cut using white glitter card and then I sponged around all the cut lines using blue ink.

Don’t forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:

Cricut Cartridges: Create A Critter
Paper: White; Black; Blue; Pink; Orange; White Glitter Card

aa-owl-signature

6 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohhhh SWEET!!!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

there is not a word sufficient to describe how adorable this is.....wow

Silli said...

wow, this is fantsatic Frances...SOOO cute!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

I am the proud owner of that darling large penguin----THANK YOU! I also love the cute igloo and smaller penguin you created. I sure wish you lived closer so I can see how you work all these various machines. You're awesome!

wannabcre8tive said...

What a great cartridge. Your igloo and penguin are too cute.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is just super adorable Hoots!! I love your awesome igloo with that sweet little penguin!!