Friday, July 22, 2011

Celebrate Big!

CelebrateBig wm

Hi everyone,

I created this card for my sister who celebrated her birthday yesterday, she collects elephants so I had to purchase this one recently from Whimsy Stamps, as I knew it would be perfect to use for her card.

My card is an Easel card, which is inspired by one I saw recently in a magazine where they had used the 3 skinny panels behind the main image on their easel card.

CelebrateBig2 wm

Here is another view of my card, so you can see that it is an Easel card. I added the sentiment “Herd it was your Birthday”, as I thought it fitted seeing Elephants normally travel in herds.

CelebrateBig4 wm

Here is a view of the back of my card. I added the designer paper to the back panel as it would be seen when the card was closed.

CelebrateBig3 wm

And finally, my card when it is closed. I know she will love this!

Stamps: Celebrate Big – Whimsy Stamps; Herds it’s your Birthday – Rubbernecker
Paper: White; Dark Pink; Pink; Vicki B DP – Bo Bunny; Candy Lane DP – Kaisercraft
Other: Spellbinders Fancy Tags; MFT Die-namics Solid Bracket Border; Rhinestones; Foam Tape; Copics

aa-owl-signature

3 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

fabulous easel card with a twist

Cindy Haffner said...

What a FUN card!!~

Sandy said...

Love your take on the easel card! what a fun image too, lovely card,
Sandy