Monday, January 19, 2015

Karen Burniston January Designer Challenge Day 1

KBCatChairPU1wm

Hi everyone,

It's times for our January Karen Burniston Designer Challenge. This time round the theme for the challenge is "Triple Categories" - our cards must include dies from 3 (or more) categories in the Pop it Ups line - those categories are Accordion & Frame Edges, Pivot Cards, General Pop-ups, Pull Cards, Pop Stands, Edge dies, Characters & Props, Embossing Folders, Accessory Dies. Oh and of course one of the new dies which were released at CHA earlier in the month .... try and stop me using these dies LOL!

I think my card I am sharing today includes dies from 5 different categories, as I have used parts of dies from a couple of die sets ... my categories included in this card are: Characters & Props; Pop-ups; Accessory Dies; Pivot Cards & Accordion & Frame Edges.

KBCatChairPU2wm

One of the new Pop Up dies being released is the new Beach Chair Pop Up, as most of the Design Team were playing with this set and creating beach themed cards I decided to create a grassy scene.

KBCatChairPU4wm

I just love the new Whiskers the Cat which is one of Karen’s new Character dies. I also added the glasses with the original Props set and turned them into sunglasses.

At the back of the Beach Chair I have used the new palm tree from the Palm Tree and Pail set. The fish bones are from the new Props 4 – Pets.

KBCatChairPU3wm

The sun is from the Rainy Day Peel-Off Stickers from Elizabeth Craft Designs.

KBCatChairPUwm

On the front of my card I added a grassy scene using the Beach Edges set. And as you can see I added a cat to my scene. The speech bubbles are from the Rectangle Accordion Card set to which I have added ECD’s Happy Birthday die (717).

If you are looking to purchase Karen's Pop It Ups dies in Australia you can find them at Craft Giraffe (formerly Photo Continental. The new dies will be arriving shortly!

Don't forget to check out the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog on Wednesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month. 


Dies: Whiskers the Cat; Beach Chair Pop Up; Palm Tree & Pail; Beach Edges; Props 1; Props 4 – Pets; Rectangle Accordion; Katie Label Pivot Card – designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Happy Birthday (717) – Elizabeth Craft Designs
Paper: White; Pink; Grey; Black; Light Pink;  Lemonade Stand DP – Bo Bunny; Poolside DP – Pebbles Inc
Other ECD Products: Rainy Day Peel-Off Stickers; ECD Transparent Double Sided Tape; Gold Glitter Dots


#aa-owl-signature

10 comments:

fran said...

You're amazing-and so is your card!

Janna said...

Oh my gosh this is adorable!!!

Maryann said...

Such a fun card , I am just going to have to get the new pet range

Christine Kosmak said...

Frances, this card is adorable and made me smile! Just to let you know if you don't already, Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps have a stamp set of adorable owls, so if you haven't already you can check them out!

stampingcaz said...

You know I love it. Another great card!

Cazx

1CraftyPainter said...

This is Purrrrfect! Love it!

VanessaB said...

wow. that is soooooooooooo cute!!

Karen Aicken said...

Oh, I love this. So much colour and fun in one little card! Whiskers looks perfect in her hot pink chair. Love it!

S@ndy Diller said...

Here Kitty Kitty - This card is so much fun - Love it.

Joanne (jojot) said...

loving this tropical cat card