It's my turn to post a project on the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog today. Now that I don't need to worry about making Christmas cards for a while, I figured it was time to build up my birthday card stash.
Today I am sharing a fun technique I used to do years ago which I was reminded about recently by Els. This technique uses Silk Microfine Glitter and lace, when looking for lace to use for this technique, don't just look for the thinner laces which you might find with ribbons. Look also at lace curtaining, you should find some fun designs which will also work with this technique if you look around and you only need to purchase the minimum amount if you are buying curtaining. I once found lace curtaining which had an owl on it and if you know me ... that is important haha!
Here is how I created my card:
1. Cut a piece of white card which has Transparent Double Sided Tape Sheet adhered to the front of it so it measures 5 inches x 3 3/4 inches. I have selected a piece of floral lace curtaining and you will also need two contrasting colors of Silk Microfine Glitter. NOTE: in the photo above I show two different colored pink glitters, but the lighter pink wasn't enough contrast for the look I wanted so I used Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter in it's place.
2. Remove the protective backing from the adhesive paper which is adhered to your card and place the lace curtaining over the adhesive. Use your bone folder to smooth out the lace so it is attached well to your adhesive tape and that there are not bumps where glitter can go where you don't want it.
3. Pour over the lace/adhesive piece Peony Silk Microfine Glitter so it covers all the card. Use a brush to remove all excess glitter and return this to your container. Polish in the glitter with your finger while the lace is still in place. Brush off any loose glitter again if necessary. Carefully remove the lace from your card making sure you don't touch the white areas on the card.
4. With the lace remove add the Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter, only apply enough of this glitter so you can use it to cover the card as this may get contaminated with the dark glitter so shouldn't be put back into the container. You can always add more to your card as needed. Remove access glitter and polish the glitter with your finger.
5. Layer glittered background onto a piece of white card which is 5 1/4 inches x 4 inches and then onto a folded pink card that is 5 1/2 inches x 4 1/4 inches when folded.
6. From white card die cut a medium sized tag from the Tags die set.
7. Adhere a piece of ECD Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape 64mm to the back of a piece of pink card and use the Happy Birthday (783) die to die cut the sentiment. Attach sentiment to tag as shown in photo.
8. Use the Small Dragonfly die to die cut a piece of Gold Metallic Shimmer Sheetz (main body) and White Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz (accessory pieces) assemble pieces and attach dragonfly over the hole on the tag. NOTE: if you apply ECD Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape to the back of the Shimmer Sheetz before die cutting, this makes it easier to assemble pieces.
9 Use double sided foam tape to attach tag to the lower right hand side of card.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Supplies:Elizabeth Craft Designs Tags (763) Happy Birthday (783) Small Dragonfly (712) Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter (639) Peony Pink Silk Microfine Glitter (616) Gold Metallic Shimmer Sheetz (SS 0212) White Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz (SS 0102) Transparent Double Sided Tape Sheet (502) Transparent Double Sided Tape 64mm (508) Other White Card Pink Card Lace Curtaining Foam Tape