Thursday, January 29, 2015

Meow!


Hi everyone,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. This week Vicky Gould our challenge hostess for January brings us her final challenge for the month.

Vicky has challenges us this week to a technique challenge .... Bleached Out Images, you can find a tutorial on this technique here

It has been a while since I have played with bleach to either bleach out the image or create fun backgrounds. For best results you need to use fresh bleach, so I had to go and buy a new bottle of bleach as I don't normally use it.

For my card this week I have created an accordion card using the new Rectangle Accordion Card designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Crafts Designs. I die cut the smaller rectangles from Kraft Card, stamped the cats onto the panels and then used the bleach to remove the kraft color from the card. I then colored the image using copics. I have left the cats belly uncolored so you can see what color this particular card looks like when bleached.  I used the fishtail banner from the Lorna Labels Pop Up Card for the sentiments.




Here is my card closed when it is ready to be placed in an envelope.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:

Stamps: Groovy Cats - Woodware Stamps
Paper: Kraft; Black; Orange; Playful Pals DP - Graphic 45
Dies: Rectangle Accordion Card; Katie Stars Frame Edges; Lorna Label Pop Up Card - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; Clear Embossing Powder; Bleach; Elizabeth Craft Designs Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape; Foam Tape; Copics


9 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

This is absolutely too cute for words, Frances! A true WOW card!

Maryann said...

Fabulous Frances love those Kitty Cats

Vicky Gould said...

Absolutely adorable!!! You just keep 'em coming!

Lois said...

How CUTE is this!!! Great paper to go along with your images.

Liz Williams said...

I have a cat and your card reminds me of how often I have to open and close doors for her when she wants out, when she wants in the garage, and when she wants back in the house. Wish it were as easy as a flip of a card, like this cute card. LOL

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Fab bleaching..love those cats.

Karen Aicken said...

Oh wow, what a fun technique to bring back! (I'd have to go buy bleach too). Love your cute kitty's and great Accordion card.

Sabrina said...

Those cat stamps are just delightful and really lend themselves to the card format. Love the orange star design on the centre panel.

Joanne (jojot) said...

couldn't be any cuter