Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Riley’s Pencil Box!

Pencil-Riley3-wm

Hi everyone,

The Riley and Company Design Team are back with another challenge to share with you today. This week our challenge hostess is Patti Stigsell who challenged us to create some type of packaging …. it could be a box, a gift bag, bag topper, whatever we wished. What a fun challenge!!!!

I used the cute “School Girl Sophie on my project today.

Pencil-riley2-wm Now recently when I was checking the blog posts on my Google Reader, I came across something on Illina Crouse’s blog that made me go investigate further. While there I discovered this delightful Pencil box she had created and had for sale as a template …. of course I was in love with the box so had to buy it.

So of course when I was thinking about what packaging to use for this challenge I decided to take the opportunity to use that template. The instructions were easy to follow and it was so easy to put together. I kept my colors the same as Illina’s, I guess cause when I think of a pencil I see red first for some reason. But of course the pencil could be any color.Pencil-Riley5-wm

I have put my spica pens in my pencil box, and I may decided to keep them in there, cause I don’t think I can part with this box and I need to find a use for it hehe. But it would make a fantastic gift to give to someone with colored pencils in it don’t you think???

Pencil-Riley4-wm

Here is another view of my pencil box so you can see what it looks like on the inside.

Don’t forget to check out the rest of the Design Teams blogs today so see what they created for this challenge.

Stamps: School Girl Sophie – Riley & Company
Paper: White; Red; Black; Mustard; DP
Other: Black Ink; Large Oval Punch; Sizzlits Lots Of Tags Die; Red Grosgrain Ribbon; Button; Foam Tape; Copics

aa-owl-signature

10 comments:

Silli said...

Frances...this is fabulous, I love your pencil box, love the cute Sophie and the colors... Great project! HUGS and happy day!

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh how cute is this!!

Sheri Gilson said...

This is super cute, Frances!! What a fun project!!

Unknown said...

wow, i have seen this pencil tem,plate on her blog...Could you please tell me how the template comes, is it a cutting file PDF or does it come as a SVG too.
fab work
love emma xxx

Cathy said...

Frances: What an awesome project. Love it!!! and Schoolgirl Sophie is so sweet!

Virgo5 said...

Frances this is fabulous! What a perfect box design for the little School girl Sophie, and I love the colours!

Dana Jones said...

Awesome Frances...this is so cute and clever!

Unknown said...

I just wanted to say a big thank you. If I was not a follower of your blog everyday, then I would not have won the recent blog hop.
Many thanks from Joan in England who always appreciates your cards and ideas

Riley and Company said...

OMG!!! Are U SERIOUS? THis is amazing!!! I am out to buy the template right now and we can do tons of them with Schoolgirl Sophie and School Boy Riley - holy cow this is so adorable I can't type!

Joanne (jojot) said...

how fabulous...