Saturday, October 30, 2010

Heroes Only!

Batman-Trio-wm

Hi everyone

This is a pretty long post today as I went a little bit overboard when I started playing with the Batman Cricut Cartridge that I purchased recently so I could make my daughter a birthday card.

It’s her birthday today as it goes so I also decided to combine her card with this week’s challenge I do with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog.

This week our challenge hostess for October Silke Ledlow has finished off the month with a fun sketch challenge.

Batman-wm

My youngest daughter loves Batman and other Super Heroes from the DC Comic line, so I have been wanting to purchase this cricut cart since it came out a while back … her birthday coming up was a great incentive. I am sure it will also come in handy down the track for my Grandson … his Aunt is already making sure he likes the right Super Heroes LOL!

Batman2-wm

Here is the inside of my card.

C4C61-Oct-Sketch Here is Silke’s wonderful sketch if you want to play along with us this week. You will find more details on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog.

BatmanHanger-wm

After I had made my card I decided to play around with a couple of the other things on the cartridge just for fun. First up this fun door hanger. The hanger itself is from the Batman cartridge and the both sentiments on it are from the Superman cartridge. Both cartridges had the Do No Enter but only Superman had the Heroes sentiment which I wanted to use. BatmanHanger2-wm Here is the reverse side of my hanger.

Batman3Dfront-wm

As you can see I also decided to make this Batman 3D character. This was cut at 7.5 inches so I could get it out of an A4 sized card. This was a little time consuming but I like the end results so was worth the effort.

Batman3Dside-wm

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.

Batman3Dback-wm 

Stamps: Sentiment – Stamp It (Australia)
Paper: White; Black; Yellow; Grey; Blue; Wander DP – Basic Grey
Other: Black Ink; Circle Nestabilities; Oval Nestabilities; Cricut; Batman Cricut Cartridge; Black Brads; Foam Tape

aa-owl-signature

10 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

Wow....what else can I say....WOW

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! This is so cool!!! Love it!

Silli said...

hehe, what a great project!

Kelli Hull said...

ARE YOU STINKIN SERIOUS???? OMG Frances... you so KILL ME with your creativity... a real creative GENIOUS YOU ARE!!!!! **sigh** just from the pinky please share... LOL

LOVE it and so will your Daughter!!!! TOO COOL!!!! Hey! Can ya make me a Hulk one??? LMAO Dave LOVES the Hulk!!! ;)

Cindy Haffner said...

Hee hee I love him!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Cute stuff, Frances! If your daughter loves DC Comics that much she will surely adore these birthday goodies! That 3-D Batman is the best!

Barbara said...

Just an amazing project, Frances!!

Silke Ledlow said...

OMG...this is super cool and so fun Frances!!! Happy belated birthday to your daughter!!! I bet she loved this fabulous birthday set!?! You rocked the Sketch with this Batman creation!!! Hugs ~S~

Jessie/knightrone said...

OMgosh, this is fantastic!! LOL!!

Maria said...

OMG! Such a cool super hero card! I love it! Now that is what you call a "boy" box and door hanger. . .no frilly stuff!! Love them all, Frances!

Maria