Saturday, July 13, 2013

“Sea”ing You Makes Me Smile!

C4C194-SeaingYou-wm

Hi everyone,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. This week Andrea Murdock continues to bring us the challenges for July.

For our challenge this week Andrea has challenged us with the theme … Marine Life! Let’s see your Aquatic themed cards.

You have all probably figured by now that I LOVE Karen Burniston’s Pop N Cuts dies by Sizzix so this week I decided to use these to create my card. This was a fun card to create Smile.

On the outside of my card I have used the Mermaid from The Greeting Farm, it is one I have had in my stash for ages. I used the La La Land Crafts Palm Tree to create the seaweed behind the mermaid …. I die cut the palm tree twice and placed it on either side of her. The sentiment is one from Rubbernecker.

C4C194-SeaingYou2-wm

Here is the inside of my card. As you can see I created an underwater scene using the Sizzix Pop N Cuts Circle Label insert as the base. I again used the mermaid and the palm tree for the seaweed behind the mermaid.

C4C194-SeaingYou3-wm

As you can see in the photo above … I have added a floating floor to my card so I could have the fish and clam in the front of the mermaid also pop up … You can find the template for the Floating Floor on Karen Burniston’s blog … she also has a You Tube video explaining how to do this … it is very easy to do.

All the fish and sentiment used on the inside are by Rubbernecker.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.



Stamps: Mermaid -  The Greeting Farm; All Fish and Sentiments – Rubbernecker Stamps
Paper: White; Blue; Yellow; DP
Other: Black Ink; Sizzix Pop N Cuts Base Die; Sizzix Pop N Cuts Circle Label Die; La La Land Crafts Palm Tree Die; MFT Die-namics Fishtail Flags Stax; MFT Die-namics Fishtail Flags Layers Stax; MFT Die-namics Open Scallops Trio; Foam Tape; Copics

#aa-owl-signature

10 comments:

Crystal said...

This is fantastic, what an awesome scene for this adorable image...lovin that seaweed

Sue from Oregon said...

This is awesome!

Sarah Gough said...

I would have sworn that was a seaweed die, it looks awesome!

Kristine Reynolds said...

So very cool! Love this card! Perfect for the challenge!

Betty Wright said...

WOW! Absolutely amazing! Love the fold, the details, design, and adorable scene you created, Francis!

Joanne (jojot) said...

there ya go with those fancy folds again....what a sweet 'sea' card

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

fabulous using the palm tree die fronds, I love this!

Barbara said...

OMGoodness! This is awesome, Frances! I love this!

Peggy said...

What a FABulous card inside and out! I love the tropical scene!

stampinganja said...

What a fun card!