Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Karen Burniston August Designer Challenge Day 3


Hi everyone,

As promised yesterday, I am back today with my third card for the August Karen Burniston Designer Challenge. 

This time around the theme for our challenge is  Inspired Creations - we have all been blown away by each other work month after month and this is our chance to show a fellow teammate how much they've inspired us. We were able to pick any project from any Designer Challenge going back to the beginning and use it as inspiration for a new card. you could be inspired by a technique, a color scheme, a combination of dies - anything. 



I used the Katie Label Pivot Card set for the base of my card. Jolly the Mouse is wearing a Santa Hat and Glasses which are from the Props 5 Christmas Costume. The green panel on the left hand side of the card has been embossed with the Sprig Embossing Folder.


For my card today I took my inspiration from a card Fran Sabad created for her July 2015 Designer Challenge. Fran used the new Jolly the Mouse character and stacked it up to decorate a Christmas tree. This inspired me to use the mice to create a Mouse Christmas Tree.

I added the Decorate Doily from the Paris Edges set to each end of my card. I used the Green/Gold Border Peel-Off Stickers along the edge of each panel.

The sentiments are from the Merry & Bright Clear Stamp set. 


On the left hand panel I added the new Believe sentiment designed by Quietfire Designs for Elizabeth Craft Designs. 


To create my mouse Christmas Tree I used Jolly the Mouse. I create one of the mice so it was facing the normal way and the other two mice so it was facing the other way. To do this I die cut each piece and then added the glue to the front of each piece so the back was now the front.

The star at the top of the "Mouse Tree" is from the Christmas Trees Pop Stand Card, I added Solar Gold Silk Microfine Glitter to the star before attaching it to the top of the mouse.  The string of ornaments is also from this die set, I die cut the ornaments from card that had Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the front and then I added True Red and Spring Peridot Silk Microfine Glitter over the top. 

The wreath is from the Rudy the Reindeer character and the bow is from the Sleigh with Gift Card Holder die set. I added Red/Gold Glitter Dot Peel-Off Stickers around the wreath. 




Here is a view of the back of my card.

If you are looking to purchase Karen's Pop It Ups dies in Australia you can find them at Craft Giraffe (formerly Photo Continental).

Don't forget to check out the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog on Wednesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus an amazing card/video tutorial from Karen Burniston.



Stamps: Merry & Bright Clear Stamps - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Paper: White; Black; Silver; Pink; Red; Up on the Housetops DP - Graphic 45
Dies: Katie Label Pivot Card; Jolly the Mouse; Paris Edges; Props 5 Christmas Costumes; Rudy the Reindeer; Christmas Trees Pop Stand; Sliegh with Gift Card Holder  - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Believe - designed by Quietfire Designs for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other ECD Products: Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape 152mm; Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape 64mm; Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter; Solar Gold Silk Microfine Glitter; True Red Silk Microfine Glitter; Spring Peridot Silk Microfine Glitter; Green/Gold Glitter Border Peel-Off Stickers; Red/Gold Glitter Dot Peel-Off Stickers
Other: Black Ink; Foam Tape



2 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

So cute Frances ... perfect CASE of a really fun card.

Joanne (jojot) said...

love that border die....and those cute mice