Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Karen Burniston May Designer Challenge Day 2



Hi everyone,

It's time for our May Karen Burniston Designer Challenge. This time round Karen has given us the theme .... Stage it Stencils - Make a project of any theme incorporating one or more stencils.


For my card today I have gone Steampunk! It's not a style I often do, but I just had to play with some of the new Steampunk themed products Karen Burniston has designed for a release later this month for Elizabeth Craft Designs.

I have had Steampunk Owls on my mind lately, so I knew I wanted to use Poppy the Owl for my card and steampunk it up a little. I selected some paper from the Through the Lens Metal 6 x 6 Patterned Cardstock for the owls body. I used the Gears Stage It Stencil to add a few gears to this paper using brown ink. After assembling the owl I added some embellishments to it from the new Steampunk Charm die set, including the hat, key and gear.

The base of my card using paper from the Through the Lens Stone 6 x 6 Patterned Cardstock. I again used the Gears Stage It Stencil to added the gear pattern all over the paper. 



As you can see I have used the Hanging Charm Pull Tab Card die set for my card. I have again used the Through the Lens Metal 6 x 6 Patterned Cardstock  for the main part of my card.

I have embellished my card using the gears from both the new Steampunk Charms die set and the Clock & Gears die set. These were die cut from Bronze Metallic Shimmer Sheetz and then I pounced gold alcohol ink over the gears. 

Here is a look at my card when it is closed ready to be placed in an envelope.



I have kept my card as a flat card so I decorated the back of the card for the sentiment etc. I used the new Steampunk Clear stamps for the sentiment and gears in the corners.

The gears above and under the sentiment are two more die cut from Bronze Metallic Shimmer Sheetz.  I also added the stripe that was cut off the patterned cardstock I decorated for the front to the left side of the card.


Want to complete your Characters and Props collection? Now's your chance!
Poppy, Buster, Rocky, and Brownie. Bears, dogs, owls, and frogs. Cowboys and party hats. Mustaches and glasses. Scuba gear. Let your imagination run wild with Characters and Props die sets, from the Pop it Ups line by Karen Burniston!
Elizabeth Craft Designs are offering 20% off all Characters and Props on our online store from now until Thursday, May 19th.


If you are looking to purchase Karen's Pop It Ups dies in Australia you can find them at Craft Giraffe (formerly Photo Continental).


Don't forget to check out  Karen Burniston's blog  on Wednesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus an amazing card/video tutorial from Karen Burniston.

Stamps: Steampunk Clear Stamps - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Paper: White; Black; Orange; Grey; Through the Lens Metal 6 x 6 Patterned Cardstock; Through the Lens Stone 6 x 6 Patterned Cardstock - Eizabeth Craft Designs
Dies: Poppy the Owl; Hanging Charm Pull Tab; Steampunk Charms; Clock & Gears - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other ECD Products: Gears Stage It Stencil;  Bronze Shimmer Sheetz; Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape 64mm; Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape 3mm
Other: Black Ink; Ground Espresso Distress Ink; Gold Alcohol Ink; Copper Brads



5 comments:

S@ndy Diller said...

Such a cute card Frances, love Poppy holding the key.

Karen Aicken said...

Wow Frances. First, it's fun to see Poppy again. Second - you are really good at this Steam Punk!

jojot said...

can tell you had fun making this hooter card...wow

Gmalew said...

Love Poppy, Love this card! Thank you for the inspiration!

Annie C said...

Love the style of your card! Thanks for sharing.