It's my turn to post a tutorial on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog today. For my card today I have created a Double Gatefold Card using the ModaScrap Gatefold - Elegant Roses die set. This is a different way to create a Gatefold Card using this die.
Here is how I created my card:
Step 1 - Cut a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock that measures 5 3/4 inches x 11 inches. Score along the 11 inch side at 2 3/4 inches and 8 1/4 inches.
- Cut 4 pieces of designer paper of your choice 2 3/4 inches x 5 3/4 inches.
- Using the Gatefold - Elegant Roses die, die cut two pieces using dark pink cardstock, leaving approximately a 1/2 inch edge on the other side of score line.
- Cut a piece of dark pink cardstock 5 1/4 inches x 5 1/2 inches
- Cut a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock 5 inches x 5 1/4 inches.
Step 2 - Fold along the score line of the Gatefold - Elegant Rose pieces. Apply adhesive to the back of the 1/2 inch edge and attach to the both edges of the tri fold card we created in step 1. The edge should be adhered to the inner part of the card as per the photo above.
Step 3 - Turn the card over so the inside of the card is facing the desk. Use two of the designer paper panels we cut in step 1 to cover the left and right panels as per photo above.
Step 4 - (Optional) Turn the card over again so that the inside of the card is facing towards you. Apply a small piece of Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape to the edges as per photo above. Place a small Magnet Closure onto the magnet. Place a second magnet on top of the first and then another piece of adhesive.
- Close the side panels so they touch the centre panel and press down firmly where the magnets are attached so that the second magnets transfer to the centre panel.
- Adhere the remaining designer paper panels to the side panels so that they cover the magnets and pink edge, as per photo above.
Step 5 - Layer together the White Soft Finish Cardstock to the dark pink cardstock that we cut in step 1.
- Stamp the "May all of your dreams come true" sentiment and hearts from the Dreams Sentiments Clear Stamps to White Soft Finish Cardstock using black ink. Die cut sentiment using the Stitched Fishtail Banners die. Die cut another Stitched Fishtail Banner from dark pink cardstock. Layer the two fishtail banners together and adhere to the top right hand corner of the card.
- Using the Happy Flowers die set, die cut two small and one large skinny flowers from pale pink cardstock and adhere to the bottom section of card as per photo above.
- Adhere panel to the centre of the gatefold card.
- Using the Dotted Scallop Circles die set, die cut a White Soft Finish Cardstock circle using the second smallest circle.
- Adhere both circles together and adhere the left side of the circle to the left Gatefold - Elegant Roses panel, as per photo above.
Step 7 - Using the Happy Flowers die set, die cut three large skinny flowers from pale pink cardstock.
- Die cut two small skinny flowers from pale pink cardstock.
- Die cut 2 small skinny flowers from bright pink cardstock.
- Die cut 2 thick flowers from bright pink cardstock.
- Use the stylus from the Susan's Garden All Metal Tool Kit to shape flowers.
- Glue the three large skinny pale pink flowers on top of each other off setting each one slightly. Adhere the two skinny pale pink flowers on top of the large flowers.
- Adhere a skinny bright pink flower to a thick bright pink flower.
- Add pearls to centre of all flowers.
- Adhere to the circle panels on the front of the card as per photo above.
Step 8 - Using the Leafy Branch 5 die, die cut two branches from green cardstock. Sponge edges of leaves with green ink. Cut the leaves apart to create smaller branches and add to the flowers as per photo above.
Step 9 - Stamp the "Congrats" sentiment from the General Sentiments die set onto White Soft Finish Cardstock using black ink. Die cut sentiment using the smallest Stitched Fishtail Banners die. Adhere to the lower right side of circle just under the flowers as per photo above.
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Cardstock - Pink
Designer Paper - Bella! Baby Girl Floral 12 x 12 Paper
Inks - Black; Shabby Shutters Distress Ink
Magnet Closures (optional)