It's time for our March Die Cut Designer Challenge. Check out the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog today to see what all the Designers created for the challenge this month.
Our challenge this month is ..... It's in the Box! - lets go 3D this month and create & decorate boxes using any of the new box dies.
Elizabeth Craft Designs have another designer challenge giveaway for you. We are giving away "a box die of choice" to 3 winners. The winners will get to select which box they would like to receive from the following dies …. Star Pillow Box, Triangle Treat Box, Lantern Box, Bonbon Box or Pillow Box with Handle.
To enter simply leave a comment on the Elizabeth Craft Designs Challenge post and tell us "Which is your favorite box from the January 2017 collection?”
We will select 3 lucky winners in a random drawing
The winners will be announced on Friday, March 10 on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog.
As Easter is just over a month away, I decided to create a box I could use as an Easter Gift using the ModaScrap Triangle Treat Box, Pop it Ups Lucky the Rabbit and Joset Designs Easter Eggs.
Here is how I created my project:
Step 1 - Using the Triangle Treat Box die, die cut 3 polka dot boxes and 3 carrot boxes.
Step 2 -
- Fold along all the fold lines using a bone folder for crisp folds.
- Apply Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape to the three tabs on the box.
- Adhere the side tab to the side tab to the side of the box (see photo #3 above).
- Fold in the bottom and top flaps and tabs adhering them to the box, making sure to fill your boxes with treats before you adhere the top flap.
- When you are ready to access the treats just tear the zipper part of the box (see photo #5 above).
Step 3 -
- Arrange the six boxes alternating the different colored boxes to create an hexagon shape.
- To create the belly band, cut a strip of green cardstock 5/8 inch wide. Place one end of the stripe against the side of one of the boxes and score at the other end. Use this measurement to continue scoring along the strip of card until you have six score lines. Cut the strip so you have enough to adhere one end of the strip under the first panel.
- Using the "Happy Easter" sentiment from the Happy Easter Peel Off Stickers adhere two sentiments to four of the panels so there is only one word per panel and that there is a empty panel between the two sentiments.
- Place the belly band over the boxes so all the boxes are inside the belly band.
Step 4 -
- Using the Lucky the Rabbit die set, die cut the following:
- (1) Solid Body from Black Cardstock
- (1) Each of all remaining Rabbit Body pieces from White Soft Finish Cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back.
- (1) Each Carrot and Carrot Top.
- Color pieces as needed and assemble Lucky the Rabbit referring to Karen Burniston's assembly video if needed.
- Adhere to one of the empty panels on the belly band around the boxes using foam tape.
Step 5 -
- Using the Easter Egg die set die cut the following:
- (2) Medium Solid Easter Eggs from White Soft Finish Cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back.
- (1) Each of Medium Decorative Easter Eggs from White Soft Finish Cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back.
- (1) Grass from green cardstock.
- Color the solid eggs using PanPastels.
- Adhere the decorative egg to the solid egg.
- Layer eggs to a circle die cut using the Stitched Circles die set and the Dotted Scallop Circles.
- Add grass over eggs.
- Adhere to the top of boxes using foam tape.
That's it from me today, don't forget to check out the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog to see all the wonderful creations by our talented designers.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Cardstock - Green
Designer Paper - Bella Blvd Sweet Sweet Spring His Bunny Hop 12 x 12 Paper; Kaisercraft Mia 12 x 12 Paper