Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Boo!


Hi Crafty Friends,

Welcome to our Paper Pros challenge for September. This time around our challenge is hosted Karen Burniston.

For our challenge this time round, Karen has challenge us to create something with a Halloween theme.




I decided to use the Snowman Twist Circle die set to create the base of the card, using the twist circle part of the card as the moon

I started with a piece of watercolor paper to which I sponged Wilted Violet and Black Soot Distress Oxide inks all over and then spritzed the panel with water. 

I die cut the graveyard scene which is from Karen Burniston's Halloween Scene die set, twice from black cardstock and adhered them to the bottom of both sides of my card. I also  die cut the tree, spider and 3 bats from this die set and added them to the card. 

For the moon I die cut the largest circle from the Snowman Twist Circle die set and sponged around the edge with black soot distress ink, I then carefully pounced my blender tool that I used for the black soot over the cardstock and added water, to give the circle a moon look. I added two of the bats onto the moon.

I also added the hands, pumpkin, ghosts, crow, witches hat and Boo! which are all from the Halloween Elements die set and added those to my scene.




For the front of the card I created another background panel using the Wilted Violet and Black Soot Distress Oxide inks. 

I added another of the graveyard scenes, used the small circle from the Snowman Twist Circle die set for the moon, adding black ink like I did for the moon on the inside and adding some bats and a crow.



Here you can see my card as it is starting to close. The "moon" starts to twist towards the right hand side as the card begins to close.



And finally, my card when it is  closed which is flat so it can be placed in an envelope.

You can see what the other "Paper Pros" created for this challenge on their blogs:


Shelly Hickox


Supplies:




Paper: Watercolor Paper; Black; Purple
Dies: Snowman Twist Circle Pop-up; Halloween Scene; Halloween Elements - Karen Burniston
Other: Wilted Violet Distress Oxide; Black Soot Distress Oxide; Pewter Silk Microfine Glitter; White Gel Pen



4 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Wonderfully spooky Halloween card and I LOVE your background!

jojot said...

love the inner popup on this spooooky card

Betty B said...

The simple colour scheme really makes all the elements pop. I like your moon.

Cheryl Cain said...

I love this card, very cute design.