Hi Crafty Friends,
It's my turn to post a tutorial on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog today. With Christmas just 103 days away, I thought I had better make a start of getting some Christmas cards made. Today I am playing with the Krista Schneider Candy Land Clear Stamp and coordinating die set.
Here's how I created my card:
Step 1 -
- Cut a piece of red cardstock so that it measures 8 1/2 inches x 5 1/2 inches. Score and fold along the long sided to create a 4 1/4 inch x 5 1/2 inch top fold card.
Step 2 -
- Using the second largest rectangle from the Stitched Rectangles die set, die cut a piece of tan paper from the ModaScrap Thinking About Grand Canyon 6 x 6 Paper Pack.
Step 3 -
- Adhere a piece of Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape to the front of a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock that measures 4 inches x 5 1/4 inches.
- Use the snow edge from the Adventure Edges die set, to die cut this piece, so you get two pieces (one approximately 1 1/2 inches and the other 2 1/2 inches.
- Remove adhesive backing from the cardstock and cover adhesive with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Return excess glitter to the jar and polish the glitter into the adhesive using your finger.
- Adhere the taller of the two snow borders to the Stitched Rectangle Designer Paper panel. See top photo above (Note - There is a 1/4 inch gap from the bottom of the designer paper, the upper most part of the snow should be approximately 2 1/2 inches from the bottom of the designer paper.
- Apply foam tape to the remaining snow border and adhere this to the panel so that the bottom of the snow is flush with the bottom of the designer paper panel.
- Adhere designer paper panel onto the folded red card base.
Step 3 -
- Using the Candy Land Clear Stamp set, stamp the gingerbread house, gingerbread man, gingerbread girl and jellies (twice) onto White Soft Finish Cardstock using black ink.
- Color images as desired
- Die cut the images using coordinating die set.
- Adhere the gingerbread house to the top left hand side of the card, so that is is sitting on the top snow bank.
- Adhere the gingerbread boy, girl and jellies to the card using foam tape. (Note: for the boy and girl you will need to add one layer of foam tape to the body and two layers of foam tape to the heads to allow for the foam tape on the lower snow bank).
Step 4 -
- Using the "Candy Cane Wishes Mistletoe Kisses" sentiment from the Holiday Cheer Clear Stamp set, stamp onto White Soft Finish Cardstock using red ink.
- Die cut sentiment using the Stitched Fishtail Banners die set.
- Adhere the sentiment panel to the top right hand corner of card.
Step 5 - Inside of Card
- Using the second largest rectangle from the Stitched Rectangles die set, die cut a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Using the "Christmas Greetings" from the Winter Sentiments Clear Stamp set, stamp sentiments to centre of card using red ink.
- Using the Candy Land Clear Stamp set, stamp the candy border and candy cane bunch onto card and color. (Note - I have stamped my images onto scrap white cardstock and die cut the images using the coordinating dies and then adhered the images to the card, but you could also stamp directly onto the card if you preferred.)
- Adhere white panel to inside of card.
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Cardstock - Red
Inks - Black; Red