Thursday, September 28, 2017

Thankful for Each Moment with You


Hi Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Kelly McKown-Santi our challenge hostess for the month finishes off the month with one last challenge.

In honour of Johnny Appleseed day and his kindness and generosity, create a card with anything apple related ... apple trees, apple pies etc.


Seeing I had just received my order of Lawn Fawn stamps/dies the week I made my challenge card of course I had to play with some of the new products. 

I knew I wanted to make a Shadow Box card using the new die set, and one of the new stamp sets (Forest Feast) contained an apple image ... so I decided to do something with those .... plus the fox from Upon a Star just for good measure!


For the background (the blue) ... I used Distress Oxides to create the sky. As can see by the angle of this photo I added apples to a couple of the creatures and onto the grassy hills.


Another view of my shadow box.


I added a sentiment to the back of the shadow box.


Of course the shadow box folds flat, so you can place it in an envelope for posting!


Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:


Vicky Gould
Kelly McKown-Santi


Stamps: Forest Feast; Upon a Star - Lawn Fawn
Paper: White; Green; Tan; Knock on Wood Coffee Table DP - Lawn Fawn
Dies: Shadow Box Die; Birch Trees - Lawn Fawn
Other: Black Ink; Broken China Distress Oxide; Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide; Peel Paint Distress Oxide; Copics






7 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Absolutely fabulous, as always! Love the shadowbox!

Vicky Gould said...

Absolutely adorable...never saw this fold....but, I'm sure you have lots more hidden away in that creative brain! LOVE it!

Lois said...

How fun! Love your cute little forest critters!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

This shadowbox is so adorable with the Lawn Fawn animals..............with their apples! How perfect for the challenge, Frances.

Lynn McAuley said...

Loving this woodlands shadow box design with these sweet critters!! What a fun card, Frances!!

jojot said...

your sweet scenic is fabulous

Karen Aicken said...

This is so cute!