Saturday, September 23, 2017

Happy Snappy Birthday


Hi everyone,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Rebecca Ednie our challenge hostess for the month continues to issue the challenges.

Let's make an interactive card. There are so many cool dies out there for slider,  shaker, pop-up, spinner, lift-a-flap and so many more. if you don't have dies, many of these cards can also be built by hand the way we did it before all the dies! These cards bring so much joy to the recipient! And they are tons of fun to make!

Of course the hardest part of this challenge for me was which type of interactive card would I make! Any one who knows me, knows how much I love interactive cards and I have so many different dies to make so many different types of cards ... these are my favorite dies ever!!!



In the end I decided to make a Twist Circle Pop-up card using Karen Burniston's Snowman Twist Circle Pop-up die set. I think I changed my mind three or four times, before I finally made a decision LOL! 

I did this card a little differently for a change, adding the circle to the upper section of the arm rather than the lower section, so that the card is view how a card would normally stand. I saw a card using this idea that fellow Karen Burniston Design Team member, Fran Sabad created a few weeks ago and had to give it a try and love it.

This time around I am playing with some new stamps from a brand new company .... Happy Sanppy Crocs from Heffy Doodle. I actually ended up using some sentiments and images from a couple of other stamp sets from this company to complete my card

I used the Nature Edges die set to create the grass panels along the bottom of the card.




For the front of the card, I added two more of the cute crocodiles. The banners the croc is holding is from the Elephant of Surprise stamp set also from Heffy Doodle. I also added a banner border along the top right hand corner.


Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.


Stamps: Happy Snappy Crocs; Elephant of Surprise; Ad-Roar-Able Lions - Heffy Doodle; Sentimental ; Sentimental Too - Avery Elle
Paper: White; Green; Vintage Spring Basics -  Maja Design; Hello Sunshine Paper Pad - Kaisercraft
Dies: Snowman Twist  Circle; Nature Edges - Karen Burniston; Fishtail Stax; Banner Border - MFT Stamps
Other: Black Ink; Scan N Cut; Foam Tape; Copics









2 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Loving those crocs ... great card

jojot said...

the crocs are quite festive and happy