It's my turn to post a card / tutorial on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog. Sunday will be Father's Day down here in Australia and New Zealand so I wanted to create a male card for my blog post today ... although I did end up changing my card from a Father's Day card to just a birthday card ... but of course it can be either. I know I never have enough Male themed cards to keep everyone in my family happy.
The Lighthouses Peel Off Stickers are one of the new Peel Off Stickers which has recently been released by Elizabeth Craft Designs and I couldn't wait to play with the set.
Here is how I created my card:
1. Cut a piece of white card and a piece of Double Sided Adhesive Paper that are approx 3 inches x 4 inches. Remove the release sheet from one side of the adhesive paper and set it aside upside down on your desk (shiny side up). Adhere our Double Sided Adhesive sheet to the piece of white card.
2. From the Lighthouses Peel-Off Sticker Sheet remove the Lighthouse, Rope and Starfish. (I also added the Lifesaver to mine but I didn't end up using it for this card) Place your pieces sticky side up onto the release sheet that we set aside earlier.
3. Take your white card and place it with the adhesive side facing down onto the release sheet with the Peel-Offs on it. The Peel-Offs will lift from the release sheet and stick to the adhesive on the card stock.
4. Turn your card so the release sheet is now on top. Take off the release sheet and make sure not to touch the images on the adhesive.
5. Cover the adhesive with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter and polish with your finger. You can see a video Els created using this technique here. Color your images as desired.
6. Cut out the Lighthouse, Rope and Starfish and set aside for later.
7. Use the Katie Label Accordion Card die to die cut one page from blue card. Time off the side tab and also remove the centre label (we will use the centre label later).
8. Place some Double Sided Adhesive Paper to the back of Red Card approx 6 1/2 inches x 5 inches (it needs to be big enough to fit the Katie Stars Frame Edges twice and die cut.
9. Adhere the Katie Stars Frame Edges around the Katie Label Accordion Frame.
10. Cut a piece of designer paper the same size as the Katie Label Accordion Frame and adhere this behind the frame so it shows through the centre.
11. Layer this piece onto a piece of Red Card which measures 4 1/2 inches x 5 3/4 inches.
12. Cut two pieces of white card that measure 4 3/4 inches x 6 inches. Sponge around the edges of both with light brown ink.
13. Score the top of one of the pieces at white card at 1/2 inch (along the long edge) Fold this and then adhere this to the back of the other piece of white card so you have a top folding card.
14. Adhere all the layers you have created to the front of the white card base.
15. Take the Blue centre label we trimmed off the the Katie Label Accordion panel earlier and use scissors to create a curved edge at the top and bottom of this piece, removing the tabs. (Tip: The easiest way to get a neat curve, is to die cut another piece from scrap card/paper and trim off the centre piece. Fold the centre piece in half and trim the curve while folded and use this as your template to trim the blue piece).
16. Using the large accessory label from the Katie Label Accordion Card set die cut a white label. Sponge around the edges using light brown ink.
17. Layer the two labels together using foam tape and attach to the centre of the card using foam tape.
18. Adhere the Lighthouse Peel Off Sticker to the front of the card using foam tape. Adhere the Rope and Starfish to the front of the card as per photo above.
To Decorate the inside of the Card:
19. Roughly trim around the negative Lighthouse and Rope which remain after using the Peel Off Stickers for your card. Peel off any excess black peel off sticker that may be around your image until you just have the images as per the photo above.
20. Cut a piece of Transfer Adhesive approx 3 inches x 4 1/2 inches. Remove the protective backing from the Transfer Sheet and place this onto the Negative portion of the Peel Off Sticker sticker side down. Rub all over the top of the Transfer Sheet and carefully lift this off the Lighthouse ensuring that the Lighthouse lifts off with the Transfer Sheet.
21. Bring the Transfer Sheet to where you wish the Lighthouse to be placed on the inside of your card and place it down on your card and rub all over the image. Carefully lift off the Transfer Sheet ensuring that the Lighthouse stays on the white card. You can see a video Els created using this technique here.
22. Repeat this process again with the negative piece of the Rope and the Words "Happy Birthday". You can can use the same piece of Transfer Adhesive you used for the Lighthouse.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Lighthouses Peel Off Stickers (SKU 2574) Happy Birthday Peel Off Stickers (SKU 2577) Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter (639)
Double Sided Adhesive Paper (502)
Katie Label Accordion Card (903) designed by Karen Burniston
Katie Stars Frame Edges (913) designed by Karen Burniston
Transfer Sheet (SKU 600)
Blue Card Red Card
Anchored 6 x 6 Paper Pad - Authentique