Monday, September 21, 2009

Life In Full Bloom!

ccee-flower-pot-wm

Good morning everyone and welcome to another CCEE Stampers Challenge.

It is my turn again to host the challenge this week so I decided that the challenge would be to create a Flower Pot Pocket card. You can find a fabulous tutorial on how to create one for these here.

It’s spring down here in Australia right now so I wanted to put something spring in our challenges this month and what says spring better then flowers! I have been meaning to create one of these Flower Pot Pocket cards ever since it was a technique challenge (TLC215) over on SCS. So I figured now is as good a time as any to do it and why not get the other CCEE girls making one too hehe!

I used one of the flowers from the MFT Stamps Boho Blossoms set to create my flowers. Stamping them twice on white card using pink, blue & yellow inks. I used my bone folder to curl up the petals and attached the two same colored flowers together using a gem brad. The sentiment on the inside of the card is from the Can Ya Dig It stamp set.

ccee-flower-pot-in-wm

Here is another pic showing what the card looks like when the tag is pulled out of the flower pot. This was lots of fun to create, why not have a go too.

Don’t forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the CCEE Stampers creations this week. You will also find details on how you can play in this challenge.

Recipe:

Stamps: Boho Blossoms & Can Ya Dig It – MFT Stamps

Paper: White; Brown; Pale Green; DP – Unknown

Other: Black Ink; Blue Ink; Yellow Ink; Pink Ink; Brown Ink; Blue Grosgrain Ribbon; MS Embossed Scallop Border Punch; Leaf Punch; Gem Brads; SIzzix Mini Tag Die; Foam Tape

aa-owl-signature

6 comments:

Danni said...

This is so pretty!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh Frances this is gorgeous.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Oooh Frances!! I love these sweet colors!! And your striped pot is charming! Hey, we used the same border punch for our pot!! GMTA

Dawn said...

what beautiful flowers!! thanks for this challenge Frances...it was great!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful card Frances!! Love the flowers!!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

I love your beautiful flowers, Frances! They are a perfect size for this flower pot! Mine look too dinky now that I've seen yours.