Saturday, January 8, 2011

Owl’s It Goin’?

C4C69-Pink-Owl-wm

Happy Saturday everyone,

Of course Saturday’s mean challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. This week Maria Bell has challenged us  with a Color Inspiration Challenge. We were to use the photo below to get our color inspiration.

C4C69 

Oh course I saw Pinks and Browns so that is what I went with. For my card I got to play with a few new Cricut toys. The Owl  is a shaped card I created using my gypsy & the Create a Critter cartridge … I love this cute owl. I cut the brown portion of the owl using my Cricut Expression but I wanted to use some of the designs on the Nursery Tails cartridge for the pink portion so I used my new Imagine machine … love it!!!!!!!!

I added the flower to my owl using MFT Die-namics Flower Trio Die.

C4C69-Pink-Owl2-wm

Here is the inside of my card. I layered on a white owl shape. The sentiment is from Hambo Stamps.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.

Stamps: Owl’s It Goin’? – Hambo Stamps
Paper: White; Brown; DP – Nursery Tails Imagine Cartridge
Other: Brown Ink; Cricut; Imagine; Nursery Tails Cart; MFT Die-namics Flower Trio Die

aa-owl-signature

16 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Frances..this it the most gorgeous and cutest owl I have seen!!! Fabulous card my friend!!! Hugs ~S~

butterflyamanda said...

WOW this owl is super cute i'm going to have to find this cartridge now but sshh don't tell my bank manager she will have a fit LOL hugs Amanda

Tammy Hershberger said...

This is ADORABLE, Frances! You've got some mad cutting-machine skills! I LOVE her eyelashes especially, but the whole thing is complete cuteness!

Mary Marsh said...

this is so sweet frances-love the owl and the colors you used-she is so girly-

Donna said...

Wow what an adorable card, so cute!

Joanne (jojot) said...

sounds like you have some fab new toys......enjoy

sweet owl card....perfect for someone nicknamed HOOTS

Cindy Haffner said...

I love your Owl, I think I need that cart!!

Barbara said...

Totally cute, Frances! And perfect for YOU, lOL!

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

THis is just so cool, Frances...what a fun shaped card...love it!!!!!

Cards By MI said...

So much fun and so cute!
XMarie

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is FANTASTIC!! Love it!!

Lynda Benden said...

Oh my gosh Frances, this is SO darn cute! The colors are perfect and the owl is just darling!

BTW, thank you again for being so kind, I really appreciate it!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Omigosh.....how perfect for our Hootsie to have an owl shaped card! Total cuteness!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

ADORABLE!! Love our darling owl card Frances!! I think you need to come here and teach me how to use all these fabulous machines!! You know how technologically challenged I am, and the cards you're making make it look like so much fun!!

Silli said...

OMG Frances, your owl is sooo pretty...Love it!

Maria said...

Oh my gosh, that owl is a total cutie! I love it! Such a fun card and the colors matches so nicely. They make the owl look so feminine. . .beautiful job, Frances!

Maria