Sunday, March 24, 2013

A Special Christening Card

HayleyChristening-B-wm

Hi everyone,

Today is a very special day … not only is today my birthday … but it is also my Granddaughter’s Christening Day. We now share two things … our middle name and that the 24th March is special to us.

Of course I had to make her a special card for the occasion, a year or two ago I purchased a Slice form CD containing SVG files to create various different slice form patterns … one of them was a Church for a Christening. I have been wanting to use this pattern for some time now and of course this was the perfect opportunity.

HayleyChristening-B2-wm

The Slice forms do  fold but I wanted mine to be part of a Magic Box which is what I have created for her card today.

This blog post contains a ton of pictures … there is lots to see Smile.

First up the outside of course … I create my magic box from a 12 inch square piece of card … I scored this at 4 inch intervals and then cut out the 4 outside squares to form the box base. The Cross on the side of the box is an SVG file I found online which I cut out 4 times and added to each side of the box. I added pearls to each of the crosses.

HayleyChristeningA-wm

Here is a view of my magic box looking down from the top.

HayleyChristening10-wm

Here is a closer look at the lid … I decorated the lid using a stamp from Lili of the Valley … this is my favorite stamp to use for Christenings … I added flowers and the flourish were created using MFT Die-namics Fancy Flourish die.

HayleyChristening1a-wm

Now for the inside of my Magic Box … in the centre is my Christening Church … it’s hard to see but if you look inside the doors you can see the guests at the back of the church.

The Christening Church is the bit that is done in what is called Slice form …. I purchased the CD which contains the SVG file from Jenigami.

HayleyChristening1b-wm

Here is another view of the front of the church and the inside of my Magic Box.

HayleyChristening1c-wm

Here you can see the back of the church and of course I have also used the baby again that I used on the lid, this time on the back flap.

HayleyChristening1d-wm

And the other side of the church.

HayleyChristening2-wm

Here is a close up of the back flap which contains the baby.

HayleyChristening3-wm

This is on the right hand flap, I used my computer to generate all the wording for this.

HayleyChristening4-wm

On the front flap I have added a sentiment, again I used my computer for this.

HayleyChristening5-wm

My granddaughter’s name and her Christening date.

HayleyChristening6-wm

This is a close up of the Church … you can see the guests at the back of the church … what you can’t see from the photos that the center part there is a man and woman holding the baby (can be either parents of God Parents) and then in the front of the church is the Minister and Christening Font. There were also a couple of little animas on the outside but I cut those off as I didn’t want them to get in the way of the box closing.

HayleyChristening7-wm

Here is a close up of the dies … love the arched windows! … Both sides are the same, although if I had kept the animals on they wouldn’t have been.

HayleyChristening8-wm

And this is the back of the church … look at the detail in that stained glass! And if you peek inside through the stained glass you might be able to see the Minister and Christening/Baptismal Font I mentioned earlier.

HayleyChristening9-wm

And one last photo, if you have managed to stay with me this far LOL … this time of the inside and the lid together.

Stamps: Baby – Lili of the Valley
Paper: Pink; Light Pink; DP
Other: Black Ink; Oval Nestabilities; Flowers; MFT Die-namics Fancy Flourish; Jenigami Christening Church Slice Form SVG File; Sizzix Eclips; Scor-Pal; Pearls; Foam Tape; Copics

 

#aa-owl-signature

9 comments:

Adorable Annie said...

Oh WOW. I think you outdid yourself here. Truely amazing. I hope that Charlene keeps this for many years so that Hayley can appreciate this when she is older.
BTW Happy Birthday to you. tra la la. annie

Unknown said...

A true labour of love Frances! This work of art will be treasured I'm sure! Happy birthday to you and happy Christening Day to your Grand daughter. x

Silli said...

Hello Frances, OMG, what a fabby project... Wonderful! Today is your birthday???? Happy happy b- day, I wish you all the best!!!!!!!! Thanks for all your wonderful creations!!! xoxo

Maryann said...

a wonderful job Frances it looks amazing

Gypsy 2 said...

Happy Birthday Frances...we have celebrated our youngest birthday today as well.
All the very best for the upcoming year.
What a fabulous gift for your grand daughter.

Alyce said...

Absolutely beautiful!!! What a treasured keepsake. Blessings on the special day!

Joanne (jojot) said...

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING

Sparkly Engineer said...

Wow! This is amazing. It will be a keepsake forever

Amber (bambi64) said...

Oh wow, wow, wow!! Amazing project, Frances!