Thursday, July 25, 2013

You’re A Hoot!

KraftinKimmieOwl-wm

Hi everyone,

It’s challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Our July challenge hostess, Sabrina Friel is back this week with another fun challenge for us.

This week Sabrina has challenged us to use Colour-Blocking - with paper as well as stamps. There isn’t a tutorial on SCS, but there’s a write-up for a very early TLC ~ TLC49, and here’s a link to the gallery for that challenge. Sabrina knows there’s a lot of colour-blocking around now using stamping with acrylic blocks, but she is looking for the old school style!

For my card this week I used Kraftin Kimmies Stamps new Owl stamp set …. I just had to add this to my cart when it was release recently Smile. I created my color block pieces for the base of my card and then layered my owl square panel over these … hopefully that is ok!

KraftinKimmieOwl2-wm

Of course if you follow my blog, you will know that I have been playing with my new Journey Collection Pop N Cuts dies designed by Karen Burniston for Sizzix …. love love love all of these fun dies. Today I have used the original Pop N Cuts base for the outside of my card … I trimmed it down a little to remove the rounded corners and it would have been too hard to create the color blogs with the rounded edges.

On the inside of my card I used the new Sizzix Pop N Cuts Funky Labels insert die with the Sizzix Funky Labels Framelits for my sentiment. I also added another of the owls from Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps to my card.

KraftinKimmieOwl3-wm

Here is another view of the inside of my card.

Don’t forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:

Stamps: You Know Who Stamp Set – Kraftin Kimmie Stamps
Paper: White; Blue; DP
Other: Black Ink; Sizzix Pop N Cuts Base Die; Sizzix Pop N Cuts Funky Label Insert Die; Sizzix Funky Label Framelits; MFT Die-namics Wonky Scallop Border; Simon Says Stamps Happy Die; Memory Box Birthday Die; Foam Tape; Copics

#aa-owl-signature

8 comments:

Vicky Gould said...

You always make the cutest cards, Francis....inside and out!!!!

Lois said...

What a cute card -- love the pop-up scene inside!

wannabcre8tive said...

Cute as can be, inside and out.

Sabrina said...

That is just adorable. You do make the best card insides too - just as fun/pretty/whatever the style of the card is as the outside. The little owl is sweet and I love the out-of-the-box clouds and sun. And the great blocking, of course!

Kathy Bradley said...

Frances,
So sweet and adorable (outside and inside). That owl is so very cute!!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I'm trying to decide which I like better...inside or outside! Fabulous!

Joanne (jojot) said...

how sweet is this hooter.....love the popped clouds

Scrappy Canuck said...

Frances, this is darling! Thanks for joining the Kraftin' Kimmie challenge this week!