Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Karen Burniston October Designer Challenge Card 2

KBDCTimewm

Hi everyone,

As promised yesterday, I am back with another card for this month's Karen Burniston Designer Challenge, this time round the theme Karen has given us is Make it Manly! - cards for the men and boys in our lives.

For my card today I have made a Spiral Circle Pull Card using the Spiral Circle Pull Card Die set and the Clocks and Gears Die set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs.

For the clock face I die cut the clock from glossy card and then used alcohol inks to add color to my card.

The gears on my card were die cut from Orange Iridescent; Light Blue Metallic and Yellow Metallic Shimmer Sheetz.

KBDCTime2wm

I created the spiral part of my card using clear acetate so that the gear appear to be floating.

The sentiment at the top right hand corner of my card was stamped onto one of the labels from the Katie Label Accordion Card die set. I hand cut the fishtail for the sentiment at the bottom of my card and placed it on my card so that only the word “Time” shows when the card is closed.

I have also used Black/Silver Glitter Dots on some of the gears.

If you are looking to purchase Karen's Pop It Ups dies in Australia you can find them at Photo Continental.

Don't forget to check out the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog on Wednesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month.

 

Stamps: Special Time – Hero Arts
Paper: White; Gloss White; DP – Kaisercraft
Dies: Circle Spiral Pull Card; Clocks & Gears; Katie Label Accordion Card designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other ECD Products: Orange Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz; Light Blue Metallic Shimmer Sheetz; Yellow Metallic Shimmer Sheetz; Black/Silver Glitter Dots
Other: Black Ink; Foam Tape

 

#aa-owl-signature

5 comments:

raquelmason.blogspot.com said...

Love all those Shimmer Sheetz gears!

Kelly Booth said...

SOOOOOOOOOOO Much Fun Frances!! Love ALL of those gears...You Rock!!

Karen Aicken said...

Love this! What a great masculine card.

S@ndy Diller said...

Got to love those gears - your card is bab!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

loving all the sprockets and gears