It's my turn to post a project over on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog today. My project today was inspired by the Quartet and Carousel style of cards I used to create many years ago. I originally had planned to create a card but during the creation process my card ended up being an ornament I can hang on my tree.
I love when a die can be used for more then what it is intended and love that the Katie Label Accordion Card die set (and the other Accordion Card Die sets) can be used to create this style of card/ornament.
I have decorate my ornament/card so that it has a candle on each opposite side. On the other two remaining sides I have added the Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Greeting as per the photos above.
Here is how I created my card:
1. Using the main die from the Katie Label Accordion Card, die cut 4 pages from Red card.
2. Use a Score Board to find the centre of the page and score and fold each page in half.
3. Use the Katie Holly Frame Edge dies to die cut 16 frame edges from Green card (8 of each size). Tip: Apply Double Sided Adhesive Paper to the back of the green card prior to die cutting to make it easier to apply to your card. Add frames around each of your 4 red pages.
4. If you wish to turn your card into an ornament, it is a good idea to add your ribbon to the back of one of the pages now. Cut a 18 inch length of ribbon fold in half and secure to the back of the page, allowing for a loop at the top and some ribbon hanging down under the page.
5. Add glue to one half of your folded pages and adhere this to the back of half of one of the other pages. Continue joining your pages until they are all joined.
6. Die cut from white card 4 of the large labels from the Katie Label Accordion Card set. Fold each of the labels in half lengthwise as per photo above. Add foam tape to the back of each label and adhere too the folded card/ornament we have created.
7. From the Candle Die set die cut the following: 4 pine boughs from Green card; 4 Holly leaves from Green card; 2 medium flames from Orange Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz; 2 large flames from Yellow Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz; 2 Flower Centres from Yellow Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz; 2 Flowers from Red card; 2 Candles from white card which has been covered with Double Sided Adhesive Sheet; 2 Candle Drips from white card which has been covered with Double Sided Adhesive Sheet.
8. Remove the protective backing from the Candle and Candle Drips and cover with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Polish the glitter using your finger. Assemble Candle as per photo of main card, folding the main part of the candle in half.
9. Create tabs for each of the candles by cutting card which measures 1/4 inch x 1/2 inch. Fold tabs in half and add 4 tabs to each of the candles at the top and bottom as per the photo above. Apply adhesive to each tab and use these tabs to secure the candles onto the white labels on the ornament/card.
10. Die Cut from Green Card Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Adhere these to the remaining labels on your ornament/card.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Elizabeth Craft DesignsKatie Label Accordion Card (903) designed by Karen Burniston Katie Holly Frame Edges (905) designed by Karen Burniston Candle Die (919) Merry Christmas Die (944) Happy New Year Die (943) Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter (639) Double Sided Adhesive Paper (502) Orange Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz Yellow Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz Other White Card Red Card Green Card Foam Tape Green Ribbon