It's my turn to post a project on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog today. I don't know about you, but I need to start adding some Christmas cards to my stash ready to send them out to my family and friends early in December.
Today I am sharing a card I created using the Spiral Circle Pull Card. This card is a Double Spiral Circle Pull Card inspired by one created by Raquel Mason a few months ago.
Here is how I created my card:
1. Cut a piece of designer paper that measures 5 1/2 inches x 11 inches. Score at 4 inches at each end of the card.
2. Line the centre nib of the die from the Spiral Circle Pull Card on the score line at one end of the card and run the die through the die cutting machine just past the centre nib of the die. Remove die from card and place die on the other score line at the other end of the designer paper, so that the circle of the die is facing the end of the paper. Run this through your die cutting machine, again only just past the centre nib of the die. (TIP: if you run the die fully though your die cutting machine, rather than just past the centre point of the die you will end up with a hole in the centre of the card where the closing points of the die are)
3. Fold card to create a Double Spiral Pull Card (one circle will be hidden by the other).
4. Trim 1/4 inch off each end of the card. Add a piece of Aqua Card to each side of card so 1/4 inch is showing from the front. (I cut a piece of card slightly taller than my finished card and then used the Spiral Circle Pull Card die to die cut the piece of card and then adhered this to the back of the card and then trimmed the top and bottom of the card. Either option works).
5. Stamp Christmas Sentiment to centre panel.
6. Cut a piece of white card and a piece of Double Sided Adhesive Paper that are approx 3 1/2 inches x 9 1/2 inches. Remove the release sheet from one side of the adhesive paper and set it aside upside down on your desk (shiny side up). Adhere our Double Sided Adhesive sheet to the piece of white card.
7. From the Jackie's Christmas Dolls in Circle Peel-Off Sticker Sheet remove the girl with Christmas Tree; the girl with window and two holly leaves. Place your pieces sticky side up onto the release sheet that we set aside earlier.
8. Take your white card and place it with the adhesive side facing down onto the release sheet with the Peel-Offs on it. The Peel-Offs will lift from the release sheet and stick to the adhesive on the card stock.
9. Turn your card so the release sheet is now on top. Take off the release sheet and make sure not to touch the images on the adhesive.
10. Cover the adhesive with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter and polish with your finger. You can see a video Els created using this technique here. Color your images as desired.
11. Add Red/Gold Glitter Dots to the decorations on the tree on the peel off sticker.
12. Cut out all images.
13. Cut a piece of red card 5 1/2 inches x 2 15/16 inches, a piece of aqua card 5 1/2 inches x 2 3/4 inches and a piece of white card 5 1/2 inches x 2 9/16 inches. Layer all pieces together and adhere to centre of the inside of the card.
14. Add the holly leaves to the centre panel as per photo of finished card.
15. Using the large circle die from Clocks & Gears die set, die cut 4 red circles. Adhere each of the circles to the front and back of each circle on your card.
16. Use Foam Tape to adhere the two Jackie's Christmas Dolls in Circle Peel off Stickers to front of each circle.
17. Roughly trim around the negative Jackie's Christmas Dolls in Circle (girl with Christmas Tree) which remains after using the Peel Off Stickers for your card. Peel off any excess black peel off sticker that may be around your image until you just have the images as per the photo above.
18. Cut a piece of Transfer Adhesive approx 4 inches x 4 inches. Remove the protective backing from the Transfer Sheet and place this onto the Negative portion of the Peel Off Sticker sticker side down. Rub all over the top of the Transfer Sheet and carefully lift this off the Negative image ensuring that the negative image lifts off with the Transfer Sheet.
19. Place the negative image down on a piece of white card approx 4 inches x 4 1/2 inches and rub all over the image. Carefully lift off the Transfer Sheet ensuring that the negative image stays on the white card. You can see a video Els created using this technique here.
20. Use the circle die from the Spiral Circle Pull Card set to die cut the negative image you created above and also another circle from white card.
21. Adhere the negative image to the inside of the left hand panel and the blank white circle to the inside of the right hand panel.
22. Die cut the Merry Christmas Stand Up Helper die from red and aqua card. Layer the red greeting over the aqua greeting so that they are slightly offset. Adhere the greeting to the centre of the front of the card ensuring to only use glue on the left half of the greeting so card can still be opened.
23. Add transparent/silver Glitter Dots over circles on designer paper.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Elizabeth Craft Designs
Spiral Circle Pull Card (916) designed by Karen Burniston
Clock and Gears (917) designed by Karen Burniston
Merry Christmas Stand Up Helper (939)
Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter (639)
Double Sided Adhesive Paper (502)
Transparent/Silver Glitter Dots (SKU 7018) Red/Gold Glitter Dots (SKU 7018) Transfer Sheet (SKU 600)
Red Card Kaisercraft Jingle Bells Designer Paper Black Ink Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Handwritten Holidays 2