Thursday, January 1, 2015

Hoot Hoot!

CCEE1501Owl1wm

Hi everyone,

First up Happy New Year to you all, I hope 2015 brings everything good to you and yours!

After a few weeks break it's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Being a brand new month (and year!) it time to introduce a new challenge hostess which this time round is Vicky Gould.

For our first challenge of the year Vicky tells us that seeing she loves birds we are to include a bird on our card.

CCEE1501Owl2wm

Well as most of you should know by now … I love owls, so I am sure it will come as no big surprise that the bird I decided to use on my card today is an owl … actually 4 owls (two stamp sets from the same company). This gave me the perfect opportunity to ink up two Woodware Stamp sets I got back in October when I was working at a Craft Show.

As you can see I have created a pop up card using the Lorna Label Pop Up Card designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs. The sentiment on the base of the card is one from a Taylored Expression stamp set.

CCEE1501Owl3wm

Here is a side on view of my card so you can see the pop up parts of my card a little better.

CCEE1501Owlwm

And here is the front of my card using another Woodware Stamps Owl .. if you like owls this company has quite a few!

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:

Stamps: Owl Family; What a Hoot – Woodware Craft Collection; Hoot Hoot Hooray – Taylored Expressions.
Paper: White; Orange; Brown; Elm DP – Kaisercraft
Dies: Lorna Label Pop Up Card designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; Foam Tape; Copics

 

#aa-owl-signature

8 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

What a hoot of a card ... this is wonderful, Frances! Glad you are getting to ink up more of your new stamps. :-)

Vicky Gould said...


this card is a definite hoot, Frances! Of course, we expected an owl from you....but four? You really aced this challenge. Happy New Year to you!

Maryann said...

Love this set of Owls Frances, Have a great new year

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

What fun owls.....and yes, I expected them from you!! Happy New Year!

Lois said...

I always love your pop-up cards, Frances. And we all knew you would be putting an owl on your card for this challenge!!! Happy New Year!

Joanne (jojot) said...

fabulously fun hooters, Hoots....

Sabrina said...

I was sure you'd be featuring an owl as your bird - and not just an owl but a whole fun family of them on this delightful card.

Liz Williams said...

Well, look who, who, who did owls!! I follow you on Pinterest and love your board on owls over there, Frances. Hope your new year has gotten off to a great start!