Saturday, February 6, 2016

Flying by


Hi everyone,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Being a brand new month it is  time to introduce you to our challenge hostess for February, which is Peggy.

Apparently National Kite Flying Day is coming up on the 8th . The challenge today is to use a kite or a kite shape on your card. 




For my card today I decided to create a pull card using the Oval Pull Card die set designed by designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs. As you can see I also used the new Jinks the Monkey die set.

I added the Kite which is one of the new die sets from Joset Designs. 



When you pull the card open, it reveals another kite which is actually positioned right behind the one Jinks is holding. and you can also see the other kite on the left hand side of the card.

I used the Pull Card Edges to create the ric rac edge on both edges. I also used the What's Up? Clear Stamp set for the sentiment on the left oval and for the 'Happy Birthday' sentiment I used one from Stampendous.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.




Stamps: What's Up? Clear Stamps - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Birthday Wishes - Stampendous
Paper: Cream; Black; Tan; Teal; Rust; Soaring DP - Authentique; Bear Hug DP - Kaisercraft
Dies: Jinks the Monkey; Oval Pull Card; Pull Card Edges;  - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Kites - Joset Designs for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other ECD Products: Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape 64mm; Clear/Gold Glitter Dot Peel Off Stickers
Other: Black Ink; Foam Tape


3 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super cute inactive card -- that monkey just makes me smile

Maryann said...

Fabulous card, love all the kites and jinks is such a cutie.

Joanne (jojot) said...

I actually had trouble with this one....I made a fab kite, but then it was wayyyyy too big for the scene I created.....that's why I went in a different direction,,,,,you aced it