It's my turn to post a tutorial on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog today. Today I decided to play with a few of the new die sets from the Joset Designs and Els van de Burgt Studio collections which will be released this month.
Here is how I created my card:
Creating the card base -
1. Cut a piece of Soft Sky Soft Finish Cardstock so it measures 4 3/4 inches x 11 1/2 inches. Score along the long side at 5 3/4 inches and fold so that you have a top folding card.
2. Take a piece of patterned cardstock from the Through the Lens Stone 6 x 6 Patterned Cardstock pack (refer to the photo above on the left). Color this cardstock using salty ocean distress ink using a blending tool, I also added some picket fence distress ink over the top to tone it done a little.
- Cut this piece of cardstock down so it measures 4 1/2 inches x 5 3/4 inches.
- Adhere this panel to the card so that there is an 1/8 inch edge on either side of the cardstock.
3. Die cut two of the diamond borders from the Bead String 1 die set from Blue Soft Finish Cardstock that has Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back.
- Adhere the borders on either side of the of the edge of the patterned cardstock to that the centre point of the border die lines up with the edge of the patterned cardstock.
- Attach Turquoise/Silver Glitter Dot Peel Off Stickers to each of the circles on the borders.
4. From the Dolphin die set die cut the following from White Soft Finish Cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive on the back.
- (1) Dolphin
- (1) Dolphin Flipper
- (1) of each Splash
- (1) set of water drops
5. From the Boat die set die cut the following from White Soft Finish Cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive on the back.
- (2) waves
6. Counting from the centre die, die cut the fourth oval from the Stitched Ovals die set from Soft Sky Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Emboss oval using the Clouds Embossing Folder
- Counting from the centre die, die cut the fifth oval from the Dotted Scallop Ovals die set from Bluebell Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Layer the Cloud Embossed Soft Sky oval to the Bluebell Dotted Scallop Oval.
7. Using the photo above as a guide color the dolphin and the dolphins flipper with grey ink going darker at the top of the dolphin.
- Color the Splash; water drops and waves using tumbled glass distress ink and salty ocean distress ink.
8. Remove the protective backing from one of the waves and adhere it to other wave so that the waves are offset.
- Take the Stitched Oval die we used to die cut the cloud oval and position the waves so that the bottom of the waves line up with the bottom of the die and run through die cutting machine.
- Adhere the waves to the oval panel using foam tape.
- Adhere the splashes to either side of the oval and add the water drops as per photo above.
- Attach the dolphin to the oval using foam tape.
- Add a Black/Silver Glitter Dot Peel Off Sticker to the dolphin for an eye.
9. Attach the oval panel to the centre of the card base using foam tape.
10. Stamp the sentiment "have a Splashing day!" onto White Soft Finish Cardstock using black ink. Trim around the sentiment to create a rectangle panel.
- Adhere sentiment to the top left hand corner of the card at a slight angle.
11. The Inside of the Card:
- Counting from the centre die, die cut the third oval from the Dotted Scallop Ovals die set from White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Sponge the edges of the oval using blue ink.
- Stamp the sentiment "Wishing You Oceans of Joy" in the centre of the oval using black ink.
- Adhere oval to the centre of the inside of the card.
- Using the Bead Oval Frames die set die cut the largest oval from Bluebell Soft Finish Cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back.
- Adhere Bead Oval Frame to the centre of the inside of the card.
- Attach Turquoise/Silver Glitter Dot Peel Off Stickers to each of the circles on the oval alternating from the large to small dots.
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Inks - Tumbled Glass Distress Ink; Salty Ocean Distress Ink; Picket Fence Distress Ink; Slate Adirondack Ink
Die Cutting Machine