It's time for our March Coloring Design Team Designer challenge. Check out the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog today to see what our talented designed created for the challenge.
The challenge this month is ..... Fabulous Florals - Spring is upon us, so let's see those flowers on our cards this month.
Of course for me living down here in Australia, it isn't spring at all but autumn ... but I am always happy to make a spring card 😀.
For today's challenge Elizabeth Craft Designs are giving away a "Fabulous Flowers" prize pack to three winners. This give away will include: Joset Designs Pinwheel; Els van de Burgt Flower Cluster 1; Susan's Garden Tulip 2; A Way with Stencils -Butterfly Kaleidoscope Stencil; Krista Schneider Spring Blooms Stamp & Die set and ModaScrap Happy Flowers.
To enter simply leave a comment on the Elizabeth Craft Designs Challenge post and tell us "What is your favorite springtime flower?”
We will select 3 lucky winners in a random drawing
The winners will be announced on Friday, March 24 on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog.
I forgot to take step by step photos of my card when I was making it, which is probably just as well as it changed so many times along the way haha. But here is how I made it.
Cut a piece of Sunflower Yellow Soft Finish Cardstock which measures 5 3/4 inches x 11 1/2 inches. Score along the long side at 5 3/4 inches and fold to create a 5 3/4 inch top folding square card.
- Cut a piece of Bright Orange Soft Finish Cardstock that measures 5 1/2 inches square and adhere on top of the folded card.
- Using the largest square from the Stitched Squares die set, die cut a square from White Soft Finish Cardstock.
Step 2.Using the largest of the Entwined Ovals, die cut two ovals from Dark Chocolate Soft Finish Cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back. Adhere the Entwined Ovals to the centre of the white card offsetting one over the other slightly.
- Sponge some Fossilizled Amber & Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxide around the outside edge of the white square, spritz the ink with water to distress slightly and dry using a heat gun.
- Adhere panel to folded card created in step 1.
Using the Flower Power stamp set, stamp out two flowers onto White Soft Finish Cardstock using black ink.
- Use the coordinating dies to die cut the flowers. Color as desired.
- Adhere the flowers to the top left hand corner of the card using foam tape.
- Using the ModaScrap Leafy Branch 5, die cut two branches from Olive Twist Soft Finish Cardstock. Cut both branches so that you have one branch with three sections and the other with two. Adhere around flowers using the photo above as a guide.
- Using the smallest flower from the ModaScrap Dandelion Fluff die set, die cut 4 flowers from White Soft Finish Cardstock. Lightly sponge Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxide over the flower section of the die cut and then go over the tips of the flowers using Carved Pumpkin Distress ink. Sponge Peeled Paint Distress Oxide to the stem of the flowers. Adhere the Dandelions to the card using photo above as Guide
- Die cut A Way with Words - Hello sentiment from White Soft Finish Cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the front. Remove the protective backing from the adhesive and cover with Sea Glass Silk Microfine Glitter. Polish glitter into adhesive with your fingers. Adhere sentiment inside oval as per photo above.
- Apply some Kids Choice Glue to the centre of each of the flowers and cover the glue with prills. Allow to dry.
Using the largest square from the Stitched Squares die set, die cut a square from White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Layer the white panel onto a piece of Bright Orange Soft Finish Cardstock that measures 5 1/2 inches square and adhere panel to inside of card.
- Die cut the word "Spring" from A Way with Words 4 Seasons die set from Bright Orange Soft Finish Cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back. Adhere sentiment to sentiment of card.
- Using the double flower stamp from the Flower Power stamp set, stamp this above and below the sentiment using black ink. Color as desired. Add Orange/Silver Glitter Dot Peel Off Stickers to the centre of the flowers.
That's it from me today, I hope you enjoyed my card and tutorial. Don't forget to check out the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog to see all the wonderful creations by our talented designers and for a change to win the giveaway.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Inks - Black; Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide; Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxide; Peeled Paint Distress Oxide; Carved Pumpkin Distress Ink