Thursday, March 22, 2018

You're How Old?


Hi Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Our challenge hostess for the month, Vicky Gould continues to issue the challenges.

Apparently today is National Goof Off Day, so for our challenge this week we are making funny cards.

I hope this is funny enough!


I was going to use one of my Art Impressions stamp sets as they have a number of humorous stamps, but then I remembered this funny birds from Sparkle N Sprinkle I purchased from a craft show late last year and hadn't used as yet. So as you can see that is what I ended up using.

I haven't made a flip-its card for some time, so I pulled out the Fancy Edge Flip Its die set which was exclusive to the Stamps of Life.


I stamped each of the bird stamps in the sets at least once, the blue bird was stamped three times the third being stamped as a mirror image so I could attach it to the back of the one adhered to the top of the centre square panel, I didn't want to see a white background of the bird when the card is opened. The third blue bird is visible when the card is opened, however it hides behind the other two blue birds when the card is closed. 

The short stubby bird on the lower right hand side normally has long legs, but I ended up cutting them off and attaching them behind the bird so that you could see most of the bird when the card was closed.

I added both sentiments from the stamp set and a third the longer one on the top left hand corner of the card which is from another stamp set from Sparkle N Sprinkle.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:

Vicky Gould
Kelly McKown-Santi


Supplies:


Stamps: Cool Chicks; Wilson - Sparkle N Sprinkle
Paper: White; Brown; Orange; Designer Paper - Unknown
Dies: Fancy Edge Flip-its Framelits - The Stamps of Life; Dashing Rectangles; Fitted Rectangles - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; White Gel Pen; Black Glaze Pen; Foam Tape; Copics





7 comments:

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

those birds are so funny, and the sentiment is a riot. haven't seen that one before. wonderful, colorful card, mf.

Liz Williams said...

I love birthday slam cards. This one is hilarious!! Your cards are always so delightful, Frances.

Lynn McAuley said...

I love your birds and stripes on this sensational flip birthday design!

Lois said...

Such a fun card! I like how you lined up the bird on the outside with his twin on the inside.

Karen Aicken said...

Tee hee hee - this is SO fun. Great card!

jojot said...

love your fun birds.....nice change from Crazy birds

Vicky Gould said...

I love, love, love those birds! What a fun card!